Talk

Advanced search

Style AIBU - to get a bikini?

(13 Posts)
Toffeelatteplease Sun 21-Jun-15 13:59:46

I'm a curvy 16-18 I've been smaller, I've been bigger, my body may not be great . But it's mine, it still goes in and out in the right places and I feel like I should enjoy it regardless.

AIBU to get a bikini? Suggestions to look at appreciated as well

expatinscotland Sun 21-Jun-15 14:01:30

YANBU. It's your body. Wear what you like!

Behooven Sun 21-Jun-15 14:36:33

Do it! Whatever style you are comfortable in. I'm probably at my fattest ever and I will be, big pants et al. smile

JiminyCricket Sun 21-Jun-15 14:49:51

I am about same size as you and had never worn one and got one in my mid thirties from Bravissimo kind of a structured one and loved it, felt great. Probably would wear it again in some situations

Toffeelatteplease Sun 21-Jun-15 16:24:29

Oooo I like the idea of a properly structured one

Fierceflora Sun 21-Jun-15 16:28:34

God just bloody do it. I'm an 18 too, I always wear a bikini with high waist bottoms and bra sizes top. Much much more flattering in me than a one piece and when we go on hols I just wear the bottoms anyway.

Marylou2 Sun 21-Jun-15 16:29:40

Definitely get one! Figleaves sale is on and they have an awesome selection.Just make sure you know your correct bra size as per all the lovely bra lady threads and size up on the bottoms as they are not very generous.

Fierceflora Sun 21-Jun-15 16:31:31

Mine are from next and they fit like a dream. I am an E cup

I go in and out in all the wrong places and still wear one. One pieces are always too short for me so I end up hoiking them up/down constantly. Yes to figleaves and getting a bra sized top if possible.

Picachew Sun 21-Jun-15 18:01:14

It's all about confidence. I'm a 10 and wouldn't wear one. Mind you I am over 50 and haven't worn one in 25 years! Go for it if you feel good in it.

dementedpixie Sun 21-Jun-15 18:18:52

I wear one - size 20 bottoms and 36GG top. panache or curvy kate

MamaLazarou Sun 21-Jun-15 18:22:50

Yes, go for it, OP.

Toffeelatteplease Mon 22-Jun-15 21:55:08

flowers

Thank you for the encouragement I will definitely do it!!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now