Talk

Advanced search

Miceller water - did you break out when you first used it?

(11 Posts)
weeblueberry Sun 21-Jun-15 11:53:40

I've been using it for nearly a week now and overall my skin looks better and clearer. Only issue is that I've found some little spots breaking out right below my hairline and one on my chin.

I wasn't sure if it was just that it's pulling out all the rubbish in my skin and to be expected or if it's reacting badly with my skin? How long do you persevere with a new skincare regime before giving up?

scaevola Sun 21-Jun-15 11:56:54

It's a dilute version of the old cleanser/toners that were popular in the 1970s.

You probably just don't get on terribly well with your current brand, so try another.

weeblueberry Sun 21-Jun-15 11:58:15

Thanks! I got the Garnier one because some seemed ridiculously expensive and I didn't want to spend a fortune on something new in case I didn't get on with it.

scaevola Sun 21-Jun-15 12:02:06

I've had one from Avene and one from Nivea.

Neither has caused spots or any other reaction, but both remove satisfying amounts of muck from my face really easily. I find it's a really useful product for me (but hate the over-hyped marketing, which always seems a bit 'Emperor's New Clothes')

EuphemiaCoxton Sun 21-Jun-15 12:08:57

I use the tesco one and have had no problems

maybemyrtle Sun 21-Jun-15 12:12:21

Probably the one you're using to be honest. I generally use Bioderma Sensibio, but tried the hydrating version (Hydrabio) and that gives me little spots like you describe. The version for oily skin (Sebium) is fine so I guess there's something in the hydrating one that my skin doesn't like.

Also just to mention that it's difficult to draw firm conclusions after just one week, what you're seeing could be down to hormones, humidity, etc.

weeblueberry Sun 21-Jun-15 13:40:14

I agree about leaving it more than a week. I was planning on using the whole bottle then seeing where I am after that. If it pulls all the dirt out from under the skin I suppose that's probably why the spots are appearing. They're just dinky wee ones that will probably go in a day or so.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 21-Jun-15 13:41:37

It irritated my skin after using it all over my face but I now use the eye makeup remover micellar gel just on my eyes and it's wonderful stuff.

FrugalFashionista Sun 21-Jun-15 14:46:31

I get acne from pretty much everything but not from Bioderma Sensibio.

CremeBrulee Sun 21-Jun-15 15:17:04

I use the Vichy one (on my 4th bottle) and have no problems with this.

The Garnier one brought me out in a nasty rash but not on first use and the Soap & Glory one made my skin red, tight & sore.

weeblueberry Mon 22-Jun-15 19:28:59

Interesting CremeBrule - I might try the Vichy one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now