Talk

Advanced search

My hair is not hair but infact yellow straw..

(4 Posts)
Chicinwellies Sun 21-Jun-15 09:26:04

Eek. I've had enough of seeing snaps of me and only being able to gawp at my yellow hair. I'm naturally this blonde, and to date have been a gigantic fan of purple shampoo (and the Phillip K pure silver conditioner). My hair is extremely fine, and will Not hold a style. Its a few inches below my shoulders, as it has always been, and my face is too round (nor am I pretty enough) to pull off a messy crop/elf cut! Any style/cut/colour advice hugely appreciated, just call me Wurzel. x

nicelyneurotic Sun 21-Jun-15 09:51:55

What is the main problem with your hair? The colour, condition, style? Can we see a picture?

If the condition is ok and colour is natural it sounds like you just need to style it better. Maybe the babyliss big hair people love on here? Or ghds to get it poker straight? I use both. It might hold the style, just use some styling spray beforehand and hairspray after?

I found growing my hair a bit longer than the length you describe actually made it easier to look after.

If it's the colour you don't like, ask your hairdresser to put a toner over it. It washes out but will tone down the yellow.

SunshineAndShadows Sun 21-Jun-15 10:03:49

I have similar hair and moved to the bodyshop rainforest shampoos - they're free of silicones which coat your hair and dry it out. Initially they feel weird as less foaming agents and it took Prob 3-4 washes for my hair to adjust as all the silicone was stripped out but now my hair glossy 'real' hair and is much less greasy at the roots and much less dry at the ends. Quite a few brands are now doing silicone free products

burnishedsilver Sun 21-Jun-15 10:19:53

Babyliss Big Hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now