Talk

Advanced search

Help me find the perfect red lippy for daytime

(13 Posts)
Blarblarblar Sat 20-Jun-15 20:31:51

For evening I live in Christian Dior rouge in love. I want I great red day lippy. That's just not quite so intense.
I just bought cliniques new Poppy Pop. It's meant to prime, moisturise and stay, it's shit. Bleeds all over, smudges easy, drys my lips. It's just rubbish Im very disappointed.

Blarblarblar Sat 20-Jun-15 20:32:14

So anyone got the perfect one.

Brookville Sat 20-Jun-15 20:34:13

I just bought one of the Rimmel Kate Moss ones. It's good. Better than MAC for staying power. Couldn't tell you what the red shade is called though.

Blarblarblar Sat 20-Jun-15 20:37:21

Thanks brook I've got 2 of the kate moss ones the red and orange red. I like, but find i need a little more moisture. I also am not a huge fan of mac lipsticks I find them to drying

OttiliaVonBCup Sat 20-Jun-15 20:39:44

Nars Gypsy and Revlon Chubby Stick Romantic.

Easy to wear, sheer, but still red enough.

mrssmith79 Sat 20-Jun-15 20:40:55

NARS Velvet Matte in Cruella, but I prefer matte over glossy lips. It doesn't bleed or smudge and has great staying power, imo.
There's another shade, Dragon something which is a bit more daytimey.

Blarblarblar Sat 20-Jun-15 20:41:21

Ooo I've never tried Nars thank you ottillia

Blarblarblar Sat 20-Jun-15 20:42:22

Thank you mrs I like Matt for day. Is it drying?

MrsBertMacklin Sat 20-Jun-15 20:46:11

Do you know what you want in terms of finish and tone, e.g. satin true red, semi matt orange red?

I'm a big fan of the YSL Glossy Stains for day, especially in the lighter months. The gloss is sheeny, rather than shiny. I have just bought 201 Dewy Red for the summer.

If you bought the Clinique one based on the shade and finish, try Lancome Rouge in Love in 159B - more orange and slightly more neon, great staying power and really comfortable.

mrssmith79 Sat 20-Jun-15 20:47:54

I wouldn't say so but saying that, I tend to touch up quite often (being a filthy smoker blush ).

Greenrabbit Sat 20-Jun-15 20:49:21

I agree that Nars Dragon girl is a lovely shade for summer.

Or if you like mattes have you tried the Bourjois velvet lipstick? There are a few shades of red in the range.

Valsoldknickers Sat 20-Jun-15 20:51:05

Monte Carlo by Chanel. I would never have picked it myself but a Chanel person in Boots put it on me when I wanted to try a new colour. It's bright, slightly shimmery and very moisturising and a great colour for summertime.

Blarblarblar Sat 20-Jun-15 20:55:36

Wow thanks lots of good advice I'll be having a bit of fun at the beauty counters this week.

mrsb it is Lancôme I have blush didn't realise it came on other shades will investigate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now