Talk

Advanced search

Help! Post-baby wardrobe woes

(1 Post)
avocadotoast Sat 20-Jun-15 19:16:29

I'm 4 weeks postpartum and am basically back to pre-baby weight, so I'm lucky in that respect.

Problem is I never seem to have anything to bloody wear (partly made difficult, I think, by not bring at work, so need more casual clothes than before). I'm breastfeeding and have embraced the one up/one down approach - so I wear a little vest and then just normal top over that.

I'm fine for jeans, and a couple of tops; I've bought some t-shirts from Uniqlo that are fine. Apart from that, though, I'm a bit stuck. I'm trying to pull together a bit of an easy capsule wardrobe to save time.

My normal approach is skinny jeans, t-shirt, shoes normally Vans or Converse, so nothing fancy. I'm 27, short, size 10-12. What I'm currently after are:

- couple of breton tops. I know they divide opinion on here, but I'm a sucker for stripes, and I love a slash neck. I want to find one where the fabric isn't too thick but also not overly clingy (my new giant boobs are not forgiving).

- a jacket/lightweight coat of some kind. I have a leather jacket that's maybe too warm for summer, and a denim jacket, but that's no good with blue jeans.

- maybe a practical shirt dress - but the difficulty here is that being short they often fit weird. Waist never hits in right place etc.

So! Sorry for the ramble but can anyone help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now