Talk

Advanced search

Any colourists out there, looking for hair colour advice!

(4 Posts)
cerealqueen Sat 20-Jun-15 18:02:09

I'm looking for some hair colour advice. I have pale skin which tends toward pink, blue eyes and blue veins. think I'm a winter as I go for blue based colours in my clothes. I have always dyed my hair a golden colour and my hairdresser says it is a lovely colour, however, I'm not sure it really suits me! Should I go towards an ash tone, worried it will age me (my hairdresser also said ash tones are ageing like grey!)

NinjaBriefs Sat 20-Jun-15 18:17:08

What's your natural colour? You mentioned golden, is it a golden blonde? My natural hair colour is auburn, I have hazel eyes, fair freckled skin, however, I currently dye my hair a very dark neutral brown which really suits me, yet I've been blonde before which completely washes me out & looks awful on me!

Have a Google for some hair colours you think you might like or even better buy a hair mag, mark the colours you like & show them to your stylist & see what she says, or you could always pop into another salon for a second opinion!

cerealqueen Sat 20-Jun-15 19:00:40

My natural colour is more of a mid brown, quite flat but shiny. I used to dye it dark brown but as I've got older, it started to look awful and the grey was too much. I like being lighter but think the 'gingery' shade doesn't seem to work anymore (somebody recently described me as ginger, which surprised me!)

I always dye my hair myself as I cannot afford to have it done professionally!

Itsalldramarama Sat 20-Jun-15 20:02:30

I have cool skin tone with a tendency to go pink / red , originally dark brown but going greyer hence now blonder ! Golden blonde doesn't suit my skin tone at all ! Ash/ beige blonde does
Why not try an ash temporary toner to see if it suits you better? Or use a " purple based silver shampoo to tone down the golden blonde ? No harm done if you don't like if smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now