Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations please for good sunblock for face, SPF 30-50

(11 Posts)
polyhymnia Sat 20-Jun-15 16:54:32

Just as above, please. Sorry, I know this has been done before.

Don't want anything greasy feeling or that leaves white deposit . Para pharmacy type brands much preferredpreferred (am in Italy) but all prices considered.
TIA.

TheSpottedZebra Sat 20-Jun-15 16:59:11

I've posted this before on here, as I was fed up with the white cast and the resultant spots. La Roche Posay, Vichy, Clarins, Biotherm, boots no 7, lots of others all no good.

Recommended loads were Asian sunscreens - Biore Watery Essence, or Hada Labo, both factor 50 and available online. I bought the latter and love it.

Sparkles23 Sat 20-Jun-15 17:13:35

I use Ultrasun 30 Face and find it very good, it sinks in quickly. I put it on over my moisturiser but before make up and it's once a day so protects skin all day from sun.

FrugalFashionista Sat 20-Jun-15 17:23:01

Biore took 15 days to arrive in Italy from Japan. The lengthiest step is Milano Rosario customs sorting facility - parcels from Asia go through it even if they are VAT free. If you need a sunscreen faster, I would recommend the pink or peach Missha from missha.ee (takes a week or less and you get lots of samples of other stuff too).

MsBojangles Sat 20-Jun-15 17:28:28

Do the Asian brands protect against UVA to the same degree as the European brands?

Do they contain a lot of alcohol?

polyhymnia Sat 20-Jun-15 17:49:11

Umm should have said sadly only here for 10 days this time so do need something I can buy in a farmacia. Didn't meant to mislead!

CMOTDibbler Sat 20-Jun-15 17:52:22

I don't know if you can buy it there, but my faves are La Roche Posay antihelios tinted light, or the Sunsense everyday facial 50+

polyhymnia Sat 20-Jun-15 18:20:15

Have definitely seen Ultrasun and La Roche Posay here so can track down. But did a PP not say La R P had the white effect ? Anyone else found that?
Have a Clarins one with me but not very happy with it.

LakeFlyPie Sat 20-Jun-15 18:22:13

I'm using this and am impressed. Think it meets your brief.

MsBojangles Sat 20-Jun-15 18:43:45

The tinted LRP fluid is not white cause it's, erm, tinted.

polyhymnia Sat 20-Jun-15 23:14:07

Yes, good thinking. Silly me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now