Talk

Advanced search

if you like the smell of Aveda and Neal's Yard but not the price...

(24 Posts)
TealFanClub Sat 20-Jun-15 15:45:43

for shower gel and body lotion - any dupes?

Bearleigh Sat 20-Jun-15 16:28:49

I buy base products like these:

www.amphora-retail.com/index.php/base-products-base-preparations-c-101138_101137?osCsid=rplce1op0itm43q3u62osuo1p7

And some essential oils, and add loads of oil to the base. Lavender and geranium are cheap and smell gorgeous.

For Shampoo, Shampure is the best for my hair, as well as smelling lovely, so I water it down 1 Shampure to 5 of water, and put into a Muji frother dispenser. A bottle then lasts for ages and ages.

TealFanClub Sat 20-Jun-15 16:36:17

oh i thought someone might say that.
but I am too lazy for this sad

TealFanClub Sat 20-Jun-15 18:36:54

Organic Surge - from Waitrose
I don't like overly scented body lotions though, so can't help there. It's Aveeno all the way for me.

Brookville Sat 20-Jun-15 19:11:04

Faith in Nature Ylang Ylang shower gel. Organic, smells natural and divine and was recently in TK Maxx but if no longer there, you can find their range in health food shops.

TealFanClub Sat 20-Jun-15 19:25:36

i never thought of health food places... thing is I wonder if that then gets $$

I do like geranium and lavender... wonder if I should do the old esssential oil thing

TealFanClub Sat 20-Jun-15 19:27:31

i have used organic surge ( snigger at name) before and I have just looked at their website

They have loads of stuff

I hate the smell of geraniums. Never quite understood why, as I like rose/lavender and other old lady-esque smells.

MamaLazarou Sat 20-Jun-15 19:29:41

Weleda? Not cheap, but smells wonderful. Their chestnut bath soak is a joy.

lavendersun Sat 20-Jun-15 19:29:48

Not sure about the shower gel - can you buy 1l bottles (or just use Shampure). I only use 2l of Shampure shampoo and 1l of conditioner every 12 months for me and DD.

£10 a month over the year (obvs I buy the large bottles). I doubt you could buy anything decent for less than that anywhere else tbh.

I have been tempted to try Jasons after a recent thread but have so much Shampure I haven't got round to ordering it yet.

For shampoo, I like Avalon Organics (also from Waitrose).

lavendersun Sat 20-Jun-15 19:31:26

On the shower gel/bath stuff front I use SenSpa, Tisserand, Weleda and something else I can't remember the name of - mainly because I can buy it in Waitrose and I never think to order it online or look elsewhere.

lavendersun Sat 20-Jun-15 20:05:19

Neals Yard is the other one - my least favourite in terms of smells.

CremeBrulee Sat 20-Jun-15 20:16:57

Jasons is very good - have used the tea tree and also lavender body wash in the big pumps.

Have just bought Korres shower gel in Japanese Rose as its on a 2 for 1 offer so £8 for 2 bottles isn't too bad. Also gave a sample of the pear & bergamot which smells divine.

TealFanClub Sat 20-Jun-15 20:26:02

is all this cheap tho?

TealFanClub Sat 20-Jun-15 20:26:22

( not utter lack of interest in its eco credentials - so PLASTIC, me!)

TealFanClub Sat 20-Jun-15 20:26:34

* note *

TealFanClub Sat 20-Jun-15 20:26:53

Korres on offer sounds good

TealFanClub Sat 20-Jun-15 20:28:11

larks - LOADS on offer at the Trose
www.waitrose.com/shop/Browse/Offers/Beauty/Bath_Shower_and_Soap

lavendersun Sat 20-Jun-15 20:32:03

SenSpa is reduced too - am going to stock up tomorrow, it is my favourite out of those I listed.

www.waitrose.com/shop/HeaderSearchCmd?searchTerm=senspa&defaultSearch=GR&search=

Korres have some lovely stuff.

The Avalon Organics shampoo is 6 quid, so much cheaper than Aveda and lasts for ages.

TealFanClub Sat 20-Jun-15 20:52:46

i went to sen spa before they made products etc. LOVELY place

TealFanClub Mon 29-Jun-15 12:54:39

thanks everyone
The sen spa with geranium was a winner! Got the shower and bath one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now