Talk

Advanced search

If you wear playsuits...

(18 Posts)
springbabydays Fri 19-Jun-15 22:15:14

How old are you and where do you wear them? Tried one on today but didn't buy as can't think where I'd wear it!

GingerFoxInAT0phat Sat 20-Jun-15 07:58:37

I'm 27 and wear casual ones during the day and dressier ones on a night. Love a good playsuit!

Coastingit Sat 20-Jun-15 08:40:51

Why are there so many threads on S and B asking about age appropriateness at the moment?! If you like them, wear them! confused

I have a gorgeous playsuit from H and M and I'm 35. I have the legs for it - if I didn't, I wouldn't wear it. Fake tan a must.

Coastingit Sat 20-Jun-15 08:43:11

Oh and it's sort of nude and brown patterned silky fabric, I wear it with nude heels and a clutch for nights out. Haven't worn in day yet but would do so with flat strappy sandals and a big bag and sunnies.

I'm a sahm so just wear my nice clothes on a daily basis, toddler groups, park, soft play, days out, Tesco - I don't see the point in saving for best as I'd never wear my nice summer clothes if I did that.

Fairylea Sat 20-Jun-15 08:43:19

I'm 35 and I have two fairly bright floral ones from yours - I'm a size 16-18 and love them, so comfy. I get compliments every time I wear them. They are the long legged style and I wear them with a little black cropped kimono style cardigan in cooler weather.

I don't think age should come into it, or size, just wear what you like! smile

50ShadesOfSummer Sat 20-Jun-15 09:47:17

Mid forties - and what everyone else said!

Casual ones in the day, smarter ones for going out. With tights when cold.

Twinklestar2 Sat 20-Jun-15 09:56:34

I wear them and I'm 36

EdSheeransGString Sat 20-Jun-15 11:19:09

I really suit them and find them flattering but at a size 20 getting undressed in toilet cubicles to have a pee is very difficult especially when intoxicated so I don't wear them much. I'm 26.

Becauseicannes Sat 20-Jun-15 13:06:14

39. To the park, shops wherever. Only have 1 - strapless and looks like denim so not particularly daring.

EElisavetaOfBelsornia Sat 20-Jun-15 13:08:23

Can anyone link to any nice ones? Need inspiration!

springbabydays Sat 20-Jun-15 15:15:16

Thanks all. The ones I like are Henry Holland ones, love the prints there. I'd also like to see links to others please! Good to know they're not just for young uns - I have no idea, not really into fashion.

CeeceeBloomingdale Sun 21-Jun-15 08:21:51

38. I wear casual ones in the daytime on holiday and that's it

Zorion Sun 21-Jun-15 08:48:24

I'm a size 12 28 year old and have lots. I live in a climate very similar to the UK except for the summers which are reliably very hot so love playsuits as they solve the chub rub problem!

I make sure they are slightly longer in the leg than your topshop offering, but otherwise anything goes.

I have this Jack Wills one which is lovely and lined so I wear it for shopping, meals out etc.

this silk jaeger boutique one which I wear with a sleeveless blazer and heels for evening or gigis and a kimono for day

Older ones from French Connection have been good, topshop (but gone up a size to try and lengthen the leg) and Mango. this on ebay is my favourite one!

bloomingheather Sun 21-Jun-15 09:29:44

I quite like this Zara one although the first model pic makes it look very unflattering.
Motel also do some nice ones here. I like the Kaleidoscope print one, although some of them look quite low in the cleavage for me (jeez, must be getting old wink

springbabydays Sun 21-Jun-15 20:17:49

Ooh like the black one with sleeves actually! Thanks for the links.

Nells77 Sun 21-Jun-15 20:23:34

I'm 37 and have a few from motel rocks! I'm petite and love a playsuit. In the day I wear them with converse and at night with heels smile

ImBrian Mon 22-Jun-15 07:08:01

I'm 35 and wore one to go out in on Friday, It looked nice but going for a wee was a massive pain!

squizita Mon 22-Jun-15 09:18:41

Mid 30s. Wear mine to bbqs, bands in the park type things, lunch in a naice pub etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now