Talk

Advanced search

Capsule summer wardrobe needed please!

(6 Posts)
Sausagedawg Fri 19-Jun-15 21:04:06

Please help! I am in dire need of some summer clothing - every year it is the same and I want to feel comfortable and like I have enough clothes this summer! No scrambling around for something suitable and ending up too hot in jeans! I'm 37 and a sahm. I need smartish clothes as I think I'll feel more my age if that makes sense? Can anyone point me in the right direction? I tend to shop at places like H&M, gap, warehouse, new look but think I should be branching out in to slightly higher end shops now?! I'm thinking some tailored day dresses? Maybe culottes? Tan sandals? I want to look classic but with a bit of an edge?! Don't know. Shorts and 3/4 length trousers are definite no no on me - muscly thighs. I'm a generous size 12. Any advice/links gratefully received! Thankyou

BangingTheDrums Sat 20-Jun-15 07:49:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Itscurtainsforyou Sat 20-Jun-15 08:02:32

I agree about choosing a couple of colours and sticking to them/variations.

La redoute has mixed reviews, but I've recently bought some great stuff from them - linen dresses, trousers, silk/linen t-shirts/tops. I've also just ordered a couple of cardigans. I stick to brown/beige/khaki (I'm autumn colouring).

La redoute also has an offer on at the moment of £50 off if you spend £100 - easy to do as they're not cheap originally. I bought 2 linen tops and 3 linen dresses for £51, which is quite a good deal, IMO.

Sausagedawg Sat 20-Jun-15 19:12:25

Thank you both for your help - I will check out la redoute and stick to a couple of colours.

frankietwospots Sat 20-Jun-15 22:26:36

Not sure if this is the kind of thing you're looking for but I just got these and they are amazing!

www.tkmaxx.com/sandals/spanish-silver-toned-sandals/invt/25427030

This dress in navy is fab - light fabric and easy to wear with either tan sandals or Converse pumps:

www.hm.com/gb/product/84577?article=84577-A

These linen tees are really easy to wear - I have the bright blue:

www.gap.co.uk/browse/product.do?vid=1&pid=000415693010

Looks great with this necklace from East: www.east.co.uk/glass-bead-tassel-necklace-pink/

Also recommend following Erica Davies' blog called The Edited. Really great for ideas.

sausagedawg Sun 21-Jun-15 08:48:37

Thanks very much frankietwospots, particularly like the linen tees, and the necklace. I will check out that blog too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now