Talk

Advanced search

I have found a range of boys clothing that i adore!

(17 Posts)
FlappertyFlippers Fri 19-Jun-15 20:42:00

I went into mothercare today, haven't set foot in one for years. There is an amazing range of boys clothes by Jools Oliver called little bird. It's bright, fun, colourful, devoid of any hideous slogans, didn't have any tigers/dinosaurs/monkeys/skeletons etc.

I thought I'd found my holy grail of boys clothes, but the didn't have any of ds size out on the racks. So I took one of everything to the till and asked if they could order in his size. It turns out they have sold out of everything and nothing is available.

So mumsnet, if I love these clothes where else should I try for something similar?
http://www.mothercare.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-MCENGB-Site/default/Search-Show?q=little%209bird&start=0&sz=10

Rox19 Fri 19-Jun-15 21:35:52

Yeh subscribe to their Facebook page or email feed and the clothes are available pre-store (and new off eBay from Mothercare direct) before the season starts eg around April for Summer and July for winter.

I've bought everything I like for my DS this way for the last 3yr/ he has virtually the whole range.

2/3 and 3/4 sizes go quickest. grin

BikeRunSki Fri 19-Jun-15 21:44:17

Little Bird is lovely, for boys and girls (I have one of each). Have you looked at Boots' children's clothes? They are similar, although not quite as nice.

gnatgnu Fri 19-Jun-15 21:47:51

I knew this was going to be Little Bird, it is great isn't it. I buy stuff as soon as I see it now as it sells out quickly in my local store. The only thing I have found is the Tshirts tend to get holes in in strange places - never had this with any others and not sure if it is to do with the material they use? Very cute while they last though, we always get asked where stuff is from when DS wears it.

FlappertyFlippers Fri 19-Jun-15 22:04:18

rox19 you have the whole range <weeps with envy> . I don't suppose you'd consider selling the whole lot to me once your deposit has outgrown it!

FlappertyFlippers Fri 19-Jun-15 22:05:29

Deposit?! It should read ds

SlinkyB Fri 19-Jun-15 22:19:38

Those clothes look gorgeous, and would really suit 18mo ds2. I feel a trip to Mothercare coming on (even though the last thing he needs is clothes as has loads of ds1's hand-me-downs!).

Chocolateteabag Fri 19-Jun-15 22:58:27

I love little bird too - try ebay as it does wash well

For an alternative - Frugi? John Lewis boys stuff?

RooibosTeaAgain Fri 19-Jun-15 23:58:47

Frugi ( although more pricey) and John Lewis own range are popular for us.

alteredimages Sat 20-Jun-15 00:04:35

Rox how do you subscribe to their email feed? I have neither Facebook nor twitter.

HazleNutt Sat 20-Jun-15 08:48:02

for something similar, try Scandinavian brands.
Some available here: www.loveitloveitloveit.co.uk

Rox19 Sat 20-Jun-15 18:20:18

I don't know I just did? It's the general Mothercare one.

My son still wearing the 2015 3/4yr things so nothing to sell im afraid :-)

My baby has the Peter Pan tops and dresses and swim costumes and she gets loads of comments too grin

Springtimemama Sat 20-Jun-15 18:24:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Sat 20-Jun-15 18:26:47

Check out Frugi. The clothes are so gorgeous!

Purl1Knit1 Sat 20-Jun-15 18:27:48

As someone else said, Boots is well worth checking out. They have some lovely ranges, decent quality, and reasonably priced. The Mothercare sale is fabulous, by the way - really really good discounts! I got a £20 voucher when DS was born, and used it in the sale - got him a winter snowsuit thing, a hat, 2 5-packs of vests, and a jumper - all lovely, and great quality.

AWimbaWay Sat 20-Jun-15 18:46:02

www.polarnopyret.co.uk/2-6years/quality-kids-clothes-sweden

missmargot Sat 20-Jun-15 18:55:04

There are Little Bird selling pages on Facebook if you're happy with pre-loved. There are some great Scandi pre-loved clothes pages too if you like that style. I'm a Little Bird fan and also like Maxomorra, Smafolk, Molo, Mini Rodini- pretty much all of the Scandinavian brands.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now