Talk

Advanced search

Foundation, primer, new stuff

(3 Posts)
mumteedum Fri 19-Jun-15 17:49:32

Ok, so I'm not a girly girl.

Only found out about BB cream last month cos my mum gave me some free samples she didn't want.

I've now been doing some 'research'.

So when I were a lass, we had foundation liquid then put loose or pressed powder on top to 'set ' it.

We might have used some concealer.

Can someone explain the 'new' stuff to me? Like why would I want primer if I buy a decent foundation like EE Double Wear? Surely if its for 'cheaper' foundations then combined cost makes it just as expensive?

Does anyone still wear powder?

I bought some from Bourgeois but it doesn't seem to work on top of foundation. Is it meant to be used on its own now? And these mineral powders are they not the same? Are they INSTEAD of foundation (liquid)?

Choices Choices....Oh and anyone recommend a bb/cc cream for my mum 65+ with sensitive skin and equally non girly (doesn't faff about with lots of stuff)?

grin

RoobyTuesday Fri 19-Jun-15 20:13:36

IMO bb cream is basically just light foundation and not even as good. And yes I agree why use a primer if you have a really good foundation? I'd really like to know the answers to these questions too so watching with interest. I used to use powder over my foundation but find as I'm getting older it's too 'cakey' so now I stick to just foundation on it's own but would like something to stop the foundation subsequently sliding off after a couple of hours.

ladymalfoy Fri 19-Jun-15 20:33:43

I've tried BB and CC. Still get a better result with foundation used to even out skin rather than slathering it all over.
I use EL powder and have done for years.
I couldn't see the reason behind primer as I'm not going to be filmed with an HD camera any time soon.
The only thing I've done that I am really pleased with is going to the No7 counter for a colour match foundation.
They do a whole range of formulas depending on skin type and finish that you want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now