Talk

Advanced search

First time filler - hold my hand

(8 Posts)
TheGruffal0 Fri 19-Jun-15 11:44:42

What to expect? I am inclined to think my face will fall off when I do anything remotely risky. IPL after-swelling was quite terrifying and I was sure it would never resolve and I'd look like a chipmunk forever! Please help me react proportionately by sharing your pain / bruising / swelling levels and encouraging tales of resulting worth-it-all beautification!

TheAssassinsGuild Fri 19-Jun-15 11:59:12

How exciting! What are you having done and where are you going?

Not had fillers - don't need them yet (but I think I will when I do). But have Botox - LOVE IT!!

Holding your hand!!

TheGruffal0 Fri 19-Jun-15 12:03:34

Thanks! Having my pits of despair tear troughs treated. And maybe also my migraine-inducing screen-frown botoxed... Nothing at all then all at once! grin As well be hung for a sheep etc. Can they even be done at the same time... who knows!

TheAssassinsGuild Fri 19-Jun-15 12:09:51

Good luck! grin

clearasmud Fri 19-Jun-15 12:16:48

Make sure you've left the numbing cream on for at least 30 minutes before procedure.
Make sure you've researched your Dr!! I had my troughs done by a Harley street plastic surgeon. Results were awful! Thankfully it is reversible, which I had done by another doctor who also went on to te-fill my troughs beautifully. Now couldn't be happier.
So all in all, with numbing cream it's uncomfortable but totally bearable. It's reversable, and if done correctly it makes such a difference. Go for it!
Also, underfilling is always better than over filling. So if after 2 weeks you feel it's not filled enough that's fine, just go back for a little top up.

TheGruffal0 Fri 19-Jun-15 12:26:05

Numbing cream sounds good. Though even thinking about the need for it has made my heart rate increase!! I am told the Dr is conservative in his approach, so a revisit seems likely, which is good.

Marylou2 Fri 19-Jun-15 12:44:02

Offers hand to hold.
The first time I had botox I didn't sleep the night before and I took DH with me for hand holding and to drive in case I felt wobbly. Now i pop in for 15 minutes and go straight back to work. You will be fine!

TheGruffal0 Fri 19-Jun-15 12:46:59

Squeezes hand til its blue, gulps nervously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now