Talk

Advanced search

Can I fade dark spots?

(9 Posts)
Lottie4 Fri 19-Jun-15 09:47:02

Are any products or home remedies I can use to fade dark spots on my faIce. I can't afford anything expensive!

Mumblechum1 Fri 19-Jun-15 09:51:54

After shelling out £49 a month ago for a tiny bottle of DrWeil's alleged miracle cure last month which has made 0 difference I've gone back to a dab of concealer on mine.

Tigerblue Fri 19-Jun-15 13:58:31

Bump ... I've got the same problem, so I hope you get some good advice!

Talisin Fri 19-Jun-15 14:20:54

Eucerin Even Brighter Spot Corrector works.

Newyearnewmeagain Fri 19-Jun-15 14:32:47

I swear by bio oil, it's helped fade dark spots on my cheeks and above my upper lip, it's great for making your skin look fresh and healthy too.

squoosh Fri 19-Jun-15 14:35:26

You need a product with retin-a/retinol.

starfish4 Sat 20-Jun-15 10:36:05

Haven't tried it myself, but I read recently about applying lemon juice twice a day for a few weeks. You leave it on for 30 mins and then rinse off.

hooliodancer Sat 20-Jun-15 10:40:14

The Boots No 7 day and night serum Lift and Luminate worked on a large ish dark spot on my cheek. It totally disappeared!

Kundry Sat 20-Jun-15 11:06:26

The answer is possibly.

You can start with using an acid exfoliator, then introduce a retinol. You may notice some fading just by doing this. Then a Vit C serum. Plus there are pigment spot treatments, which usually have a higher concentration of acid which you may also see improvement with, and a host of brightening serums, usually with peptides or koijic acid/liquorice or bearberry extract.

Most importantly is to use high factor SPF, with UVA and UVB protection from now on, everyday until the end of time grin If you don't there will be more sad and your fading work will have been in vain sad sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now