Talk

Advanced search

Eye make up for sensitive eyes........pref high street

(14 Posts)
ProcrastinatingPat Fri 19-Jun-15 08:23:54

Recently when I wear makeup (once or twice month) my eyes get really watery and tired and my vision is affected by it. I had my sight tested and it's fine so they reckon it's sensitive eyes and make up.

Can anyone recommend a really good sensitive eye shadow liner and Mascara please

TIA

Cumberlover76 Fri 19-Jun-15 08:28:45

Just posted this on another thread. Not high Street but online, try Green People I used to always get sore eyes from mascara but find the green people stuff great. If you Google search you can usually find somewhere with it on offer.

LIZS Fri 19-Jun-15 08:29:19

Watching. I have blepharitis and am now finding my no.7 stuff makes them sore.

Woopsiedaisy Fri 19-Jun-15 08:54:22

Also have blepharitis and finding eye make up almost impossible. That is gutting as my eyes dissapear without mascara.

So sitting on the edge of my seat here PP and hoping you get loads of responses.

Makes that haven't been successful for me = Mac, Clinique, No 7, Chanel, YSL.

ElphabaGreen Fri 19-Jun-15 09:46:57

I suffer from sensitive eyes & occasional blepharitis too. I have to replace eye shadows & mascara regularly & have given up wearing eyeliner.

Have you tried Blinc tubing mascara? It takes a bit of getting used to but I find it's less irritant than normal mascara. It coats each lash with a thin layer/tube which dries rapidly. Don't try to add more than one coat. Do remove by using warm water and fingers to gently dislodge the tubes.

Sounds awful but actually rather good. grin

Carpaccio Fri 19-Jun-15 10:04:04

La Roche Posay might work for you.
Clinique advertise that they are good for sensitive eyes and skin and that they are quite helpful with returns/replacements if you react to the products.

Also make sure you wash your brushes often and replace your products often - mascara every 3-6 months. I would do the same with cream or liquid liners if you have sensitive eyes.

I was once recommended avoiding black and blue colours for mascara as they tend to irritate more. I don't know if that is still the case though. I used the LRP mascaras in brown for a long time and they were very good.

Loads of the higher end brands like Dior, Chanel, Guerlain, YSL and so on contain perfume which can irritate.

jasmine1979 Fri 19-Jun-15 12:02:32

I also have blepharitis and have always found bourjois care mascara very good, and also try and avoid products that are too shimmery. I much prefer cream shadows to powder ones if I do want any shimmer.
I would also say that if you are only wearing make-up once or twice a month, chances are you probably aren't changing your mascara often enough? Once opened I use mine for 4-6 weeks max and then throw it away. I do use it nearly every day though.
If you use powder eyeshadows also make sure that you sanitise them regularly with alcohol spray. smile

ProcrastinatingPat Fri 19-Jun-15 15:56:28

Thanks everyone, I will dump all the eye stuff. Haven't bought any since Christmas so it's probably all due a change.

OreosOreosOreos Fri 19-Jun-15 15:59:37

Neals yard remedies do a lovely mascara. I wear contact lenses and find some mascaras irritate my eyes but this one is fine - it's the only mascara I've ever had that smells amazing too, not horribly perfumed!

Indecisivejo Fri 19-Jun-15 16:34:39

Oooh watching with interest as my eyes are extremely sensitive and are very sore by end of the day but I cannot go without makeup!

Maverick66 Fri 19-Jun-15 16:59:39

I have sensitive eyes and skin.

I can wear No 7 no problems.

I also like Clinique.

I wear Clinique mascara or Estée Lauder mascara.

Can't wear Estée Lauder, Clarins or Lancôme eyeshadow.

It might be worth having a look at your foundation also .As if I wear the wrong one it can irritate my eyes.
I wear Clinique or Double wear foundation.
I use Simple eye make up remover.
Hope this info helps.

ElphabaGreen Fri 19-Jun-15 17:06:39

I know you asked about makeup not skincare but I have to mention these eye wipes as they are great for soothing sore eyes & taking off eye makeup. They are quite pricey at £9.99 for a box of 36 but when my eyes are really sore they are well worth it!

Systane

Aquamarine70 Sat 20-Jun-15 14:14:46

I have sensitive eyes. I can use Mac eyeshadow & Definicils mascara. Simple eye makeup remover is the only one that is gentle & does not sting.

pootlebug Sat 20-Jun-15 15:17:19

I like Blinc mascara. One of the big problems with sensitive eyes / skin around the eyes and mascara for me is that anything that removes mascara is even worse. Blinc washes off with warm water, but doesn't run.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now