Talk

Advanced search

Do highwaisted slouchy jeans exist?

(16 Posts)
BitOfFun Thu 18-Jun-15 20:15:06

Preferably inexpensive? I'm looking for a pair for my teenage daughter who has SN- her sensory issues seem to mean she likes the feeling of her tummy being covered, otherwise she hoists everything up à la Simon Cowell. Skinny leg styles just look tight and uncomfortable, so I'd like to try her with something a bit baggier and skater-looking, but I have no idea where to start looking.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. She's about 5'5" and a size 12.

SwedishEdith Thu 18-Jun-15 20:24:07

These any good?

Not tried them on myself but, comparing the details to the high-waisted skinny jeans, the rise is only 1" shorter so still quite high.

SwedishEdith Thu 18-Jun-15 20:27:19

These say high rise but not sure you'd get a teenager to wear them?

PerfectlyPosed Thu 18-Jun-15 20:27:51

Would dungarees work?

BangingTheDrums Thu 18-Jun-15 20:28:52

Gap girlfriend come up high and are baggier than skinnies. Often have a 30% discount too

MabelBee Thu 18-Jun-15 20:32:25

Next have some they call Relaxed Skinny I think, which aren't that skinny on the leg, high waisted but tapered.

BitOfFun Thu 18-Jun-15 20:33:37

Those second ones look like what I had in mind, Swedish, thanks so much. I'm thinking that with converse or similar, they'll just look nice and tomboyish- do you think that's desperately uncool? It's not an issue getting her to wear them, but obviously I don't want to mark her out as desperately unfashionable- I'm hoping that as part of a particular 'look', they could still work for a teenager?

The only quibble is the price really- I was hoping to find cheaper, but you've given me some ideas for search terms flowers

BitOfFun Thu 18-Jun-15 20:36:19

Thanks everyone for the suggestions- I knew MNers would be the people to call grin

Interesting idea with the dungarees- are the kids wearing them these days? I'd have to try them with her and she if she'd tolerate them without trying to strip off!

PerfectlyPosed Thu 18-Jun-15 20:38:41

Yes I think they are. Have certainly seen them in a couple of high street shops lately.

Another option is maybe maternity jeans? They have lots of different styles but obviously have the high waisted bit that stretches. I wear them all the time and my DD is 4 months old wink

BitOfFun Thu 18-Jun-15 20:39:16

Something like this is what I was hoping to find- what do you think?

Naoko Thu 18-Jun-15 20:43:40

I bought a pair of flares in next last week that come up quite high, they are super comfy. Might she like that? They were only £24 as well.

LBOCS Thu 18-Jun-15 20:46:35

Fat face do high waisted bootcuts?

BitOfFun Thu 18-Jun-15 20:46:36

Now we're talking, Naoko! Yes, they sound the kind of thing. Are they on the website?

SwedishEdith Thu 18-Jun-15 20:47:04

I think the flares look great, just not seen anyone actually wearing them So, for a teenager, that might matter? You can get a 20% discount off the Gap ones with TWENTYGAP (says so at top of page). There's always a discount code. Still pricey though but watch for them in the sales.

Fairylea Thu 18-Jun-15 20:48:59

Not exactly the height of fashion but Yours have some great pull on jeans including a slouch style with elasticated waist that might be suitable. Their sizing starts at a 14 but I find them quite a small 14 so might be worth a try.

Naoko Thu 18-Jun-15 21:11:24

It was these ones, BOF: Flares

Even in my relatively small branch they had loads of different shapes and cuts though so it might be worth going in if you can be arsed, I tried on a gazillion ones before I found one I liked. I also have some sensory issues with clothes so I very much sympathise with your DD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now