Talk

Advanced search

Outfit for garden party needed

(17 Posts)
Theselittlelightsaremine Thu 18-Jun-15 14:43:38

I have no ideas at all.

It's an evening garden party was thinking perhaps a trouser suit/jumpsuit type thing?

Needs to be under £100.

Theselittlelightsaremine Thu 18-Jun-15 16:48:31

Any ideas please anyone?

Theselittlelightsaremine Thu 18-Jun-15 21:05:30

Pleaseeeeeeeeeee sad

trixymalixy Thu 18-Jun-15 21:18:14

I love this one.

FadedRed Thu 18-Jun-15 21:20:17

I'm replying because you sound a bit desperate for an answer, OP, but I'm the last person who would be asked for style tips! grin
There's a nice blue jumpsuit on Etsy at £45ish, just did a search 'jumpsuit', if that's what you rally want, but I think you could wear whatever outfit you feel happy in to a garden party. Nice summer frock, top and trousers, whatever. Not as formal as 'posh dinner party/dance/nightclub' but smart casual informal wear. Avoid stiletto's as you'll sink into the grass...Have a nice time.

FadedRed Thu 18-Jun-15 21:22:02

Oh and take a wrap/pashmina/cardy in case it gets cooler as the evening goes on.

BackforGood Thu 18-Jun-15 21:33:40

Do you mean 'Garden Party' as in 'tea at Buckingham Palace' dress code type party (which is what I assumed when opening the thread - that's what I'd think if someone said 'garden party') or do you mean some mates are having a party and they are holding it in their garden rather than in their living room ?

Because the dress code would be very different in those two scenarios.

Theselittlelightsaremine Thu 18-Jun-15 23:37:15

It would be in the middle of your suggestions but further towards Buckingham palace than a few mates in a back garden Backforgood

thenightsky Thu 18-Jun-15 23:39:50

For BuckPal garden party I hired a dress. Blue and white silk dropped waisted (I was 7 months pg at the time). I loved that dress and wish I could have kept it. Hire lady threw in an amazing matching hat too.

Theselittlelightsaremine Thu 18-Jun-15 23:41:54

FadedRed thank you, I have no idea what one where's to this kind of thing.

trixy I like it but it's to high waisted for me.

I have a "baby bulge" that I need to cover up before anyone else ask's if I'm pregnant again sad and 'no I'm just fat' response makes me feel rubbish so I really would like to avoid that situation again.

LettuceLaughton Fri 19-Jun-15 00:05:25

Maybe?
print too much?

BackforGood Fri 19-Jun-15 00:23:01

Well, IMO, if it's a proper, formal garden party, then it has to be a dress. A jump suit is far too casual.
I would be looking at a dress and flat shoes though - heels stuck in grass is not a good look and is only going to end in tears.
Odd to have it in the evening though - it does tend to get chilly quite early on in the evenings in the UK

BackforGood Fri 19-Jun-15 00:25:48

Images of 'tea dresses'

Anything here you either quite like, or really dislike? It might narrow it down for the expert dress hunters.

Lindybop has some nice ones

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Fri 19-Jun-15 03:12:24

Not Buck House friendly but is this the sort of thing you were thinking of OP?

yakari Fri 19-Jun-15 04:27:58

Ok evening garden party makes me think of twinkly lights and cocktails, more than cups of tea and cucumber sandwiches, so I reckon a jumpsuit could work but I would go for something more conservative
grey and floaty
black would need accessories to stop looking too evening but possible reuse
red/orange
I would then do flats or a small wedge for the grass.

Theselittlelightsaremine Sat 20-Jun-15 10:05:34

yakari I like the last one with a red blazer?

Theselittlelightsaremine Sat 20-Jun-15 10:21:13

Thank you everyone I am now working my way through 4,470 dresses on asos.

I might be a while grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now