Late to the San tropez shower stuff party but

(11 Posts)
OnlyHereForTheCamping Wed 17-Jun-15 20:40:54

Did it this morning and apart from some orange splodges on my legs and THE smell nothing. I am very disappointed

OnlyHereForTheCamping Thu 18-Jun-15 10:47:02

Day 2 splodges on tummy and legs, stink to high heaven. What am I doing wrong?

gotredonyou Thu 18-Jun-15 10:57:30

Not sure...I have done it two days in a row and I am still white as Casper- not even a hint of orange splodges..think i'm going to take it back at the weekend.

OnlyHereForTheCamping Thu 18-Jun-15 11:04:50

Can it be returned?

BumbleNova Thu 18-Jun-15 11:17:24

Are you not applying it evenly? are you definitely waiting three minutes? I have had very good results with it. you do need to really rinse it though, that might be the lingering smell.

gotredonyou Thu 18-Jun-15 11:20:50

ladies on the other thread have so i'm going to try..I bought 3 for 2 so think the 2 unopened should be refunded.

OnlyHereForTheCamping Thu 18-Jun-15 13:48:10

I definitely waited 3 mins and then rinsed. Wasn't overly careful with application but I though that was the joy of it?

AmethystMoon Thu 18-Jun-15 14:38:05

Not sure? I have been using with great results but it is very light as it's a gradual tan not a fake tan as in instant tan. I apply every three days and have maintained a light golden glow which looks realistic. No marks or splodges. I am very pale skinned though.
I love it and am gutted all boots seem to be out of stock now.

BumbleNova Thu 18-Jun-15 16:02:57

um no, like all fake tan, if you miss bits you will be patchy! it doesnt matter if you put it on thicker in places but make sure you get it everywhere.

IsadoraQuagmire Thu 18-Jun-15 16:40:10

I've been using it every morning for about 5 days (it was on special in Boots so I thought I'd give it a go) and I think from what I've read I use a smaller amount than some people are using. Maybe this helps with not getting splodges of color. You do have to massage it in with a circular motion.
I've got fair skin (not extremely pale just fair) and I can definitely see a difference, but very subtle (which is what I like as I never try to get a real tan)
The best thing by far about it, is that it smells less than any other fake tan I've tried. It DOES still have the familiar smell, but it's very faint compared to say Garnier Summer Body which I had to throw away after one use as it made me feel sick.

OnlyHereForTheCamping Thu 18-Jun-15 17:25:53

Ok will give it another shot in a few days time with circular motions. I was careful to get it every where but thought you didn't have to be as careful as with other tan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now