Talk

Advanced search

where can you get size 20+ work trouser suits?

(8 Posts)
aprilshowerssoon Wed 17-Jun-15 20:36:11

And I mean size 20+ for short people and not someone that is 5 foot 10! For 5 foot 3 big ladies and not tall bog ladies. I normally get from M&S but they have had nothing suitable for months and months - for obvious reasons I don't want bolero or nippy jackets just traditional boring work suits. Surely bigger ladies do have somewhere to buy smart work clothes (though I have no idea where this is). Thanks

travailtotravel Wed 17-Jun-15 21:48:30

Elvi - online only - some lovely stuff, fit can be a bit off at times
Ann Harvey - online only, now part of Bon Marche. Still Polyester.
M&S - good for 'standard work wear'
Evans - sometimes
Stuff from Simply Be/Yours is a bit polyester
Taking shape - if you don't mind a little less structured
Next - hit and miss
Debenhams - up to 22 in the Collection stuff

Depends on how much 20+ we're talking as Dorothy Perkins goes up to 22

aprilshowerssoon Thu 18-Jun-15 22:09:31

Very diplomatically put. grin 20 or maybe 22 but expect in some scrimpy shops even bigger. Currently got tight 20 on.

Amammi Thu 18-Jun-15 22:19:38

April I'm a 20+ myself and was struggling to buy work suits. My younger work colleagues told me nobody buys suits much now and most wear dresses with jackets instead. I got some lovely smart dresses in debenhams and one blue jacket and one red in 22in principles. I love it as no more ironing shirts/blouses for work.smile

travailtotravel Thu 18-Jun-15 22:29:13

I agree, dresses are good. When suits are 'out', I buy mix and match jackets and skirts too. ...

KissMyFatArse Thu 18-Jun-15 22:32:04

New look/dorothy Perkins or next? Evans?

PresidentTwonk Thu 18-Jun-15 22:39:27

Simply be smile

aprilshowerssoon Fri 19-Jun-15 20:37:14

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately for me it really does have to be a trouser suit - I'm not getting my legs out for anybody. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now