Talk

Advanced search

Louboutins - can I walk in them?!

(34 Posts)
Cabrinha Wed 17-Jun-15 19:27:01

I only wear small heels at work where I sit down a lot grin
My boyfriend is on about his little fantasy about seeing me in Louboutins. Leaving aside that he needs to check the clichés at the door...
Are they just the same as other heels to walk in (I.e. Treacherous!) or does all that money and design produce something with a loafers type comfort?!

Opinions gratefully received! Thank you smile

Libitina Wed 17-Jun-15 19:37:29

I can't walk in heels and have never had Louboutins, but I'd imagine if he's willing to buy them you, I'd keep them as 'bedroom shoes' wink

Kittykatmacbill Wed 17-Jun-15 19:42:51

A friend was in ny buying some in (I think) their store. When oh asked if the were comfy. The shop assistant visiblely bristled and told him that wasn't the issue!
(I don't think they are made for walking and you have to get them resoled if you are going outside...)
But it sounds like they might be, er, 'slippers' anyway!

BearFoxBear Wed 17-Jun-15 19:48:16

Agony, total and utter agony! Mine are bedroom only shoes because I didn't even manage to make it out of the front door in them smile

MsBojangles Wed 17-Jun-15 20:01:43

Tell him to get over the whole red sole thing and start fantasising about Jimmy Choos instead, much more comfortable!

ScottishDiblet Wed 17-Jun-15 20:11:48

I have a couple of pairs of the classic 85mm simple pumps. I hate wearing high heels and I have a bad knee. I can walk and stand in them for a couple of hours and they are the most comfy heels I have ever had. I don't wear them to and from any event just at the event and then slip on trainers or flats. Also...some nice role play with the shoes and dress up may have contributed to us conceiving our DD! blush

GingerFoxInAT0phat Wed 17-Jun-15 20:16:58

Mine are hideous to wear, have only worn them once after having them about 5 years.

ScottishDiblet Wed 17-Jun-15 20:18:00

Wait! I don't think they sell them anymore but I think mine might be 70mm not the 85mm. Sorry!

AmberNectarine Wed 17-Jun-15 20:45:44

I have the 100mm pigalles. If I put my feet into a bowl full of broken glass and vinegar I imagine a similar effect would be achieved by the end of the night. They do look very nice though.

Concur that Jimmy Choo are much comfier.

Cabrinha Wed 17-Jun-15 23:35:05

You are all wonderful! Though harbingers of doom grin Thank you, I've laughed out loud. Slippers! Yes, when I said I couldn't walk in them he did say "you don't have to walk". Naughty man. Hmmmmm. I may watch some on eBay...

Lottapianos Thu 18-Jun-15 12:50:27

Even Marian Keyes, no stranger to skyscraper heels, says that they are like wearing knives, and that she has literally cried from the pain of wearing Louboutins. Yikes!

Dont look at me I'm a fugly shoes lover smile

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Thu 18-Jun-15 12:51:57

I think they are the most uncomfortable of the designer brands.

Cabrinha Thu 18-Jun-15 13:26:36

I really am not seeing myself feeling sexy in these implements of torture!

Why oh why do they even exist?!!!

sansucre Thu 18-Jun-15 14:47:57

Years ago I read an interview with the man himself where he said that his shoes are uncomfortable, and he doesn't really care about it, and how he his only interest is the aesthetic. He came across as a bit of a misogynist tbh, and after that I made a mental note to never ever buy a pair of his shoes.

Aquazzura heels are fantastically comfortable and really beautiful too. I recently purchased a pair with a 100mm heel and it's like walking on air. Incredible.

Cabrinha Thu 18-Jun-15 15:17:30

Just looked at those sansucre - £££ shock although no worse that Louboutin.

I just don't get heels.
From the back - yes, the long leg, beautiful line, sexy...
But I look at feet from the front and honestly the feet themselves just look crushed in and uncomfortable! And I personally thing it's odd when you can see the beginnings of toes, which you so often do.

Hmmmmmmm. I have told new boyfriend that he's made an unlucky choice grin

Lottapianos Thu 18-Jun-15 15:22:30

'And I personally thing it's odd when you can see the beginnings of toes,'

Toe cleavage - its a thing apparently. Some women actually look out for shoes that give them toe cleavage confused

I don't get heels either smile On paper - yes. In real life - really really no.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Thu 18-Jun-15 15:25:56

I find l.k. Bennett really comfortable. The heel heights and widths work for me and the weight distribution is well thought out. They are much cheaper than Loubs too !

PeoniesforMissAnnersley Thu 18-Jun-15 16:29:14

I like toe cleavage (not in a creepy way!) grin

Cabrinha Thu 18-Jun-15 16:30:22

Toe cleavage? WTAF?!!!

Right, I'll invest £10 on a pot of red gloss paint. Stand in it in my Converse. How do you like them eggs, boyfriend of clichés? grin

Lottapianos Thu 18-Jun-15 16:34:08

Excellent idea Cabrinha grin

Elledouble Thu 18-Jun-15 16:36:18

I have a pair of the simple pumps, I'm not sure how high the heels are. I find them fairly comfortable to be honest - no more uncomfortable than wearing any other heels for any length of time.

I'm not keen on toe cleavage. Luckily I have freakishly short toes.

Cabrinha Thu 18-Jun-15 16:44:49

I have never had cause to wonder whether my toes are short or not!
I don't need another thing about my body to stress over grin

I do like this new boyfriend, and I'm in the shiny new lovely phase where you think - yeah, I'll blow a stack of notes on some overpriced uncomfortable "bedroom slippers"...
But it will stay as thinking!

cashewnutty Thu 18-Jun-15 21:27:21

My DD has a pair of black patent leather Louboutin heels. She finds them mega comfy. There are many styles of Louboutin that are not uber high.

Cabrinha Thu 18-Jun-15 21:38:12

Sadly, as these are bedroom slippers grin I think über high is the point!

I am shock at them being as good as mega comfy though!

SycamoreMum Thu 18-Jun-15 22:07:43

They hurt but they are so beautiful! I only have one pair of the heels but three of the flats. It helps if you've got a good pair of gams I feel smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now