Cleaning leather bag...

(4 Posts)
RinkRashDerbyKisses Wed 17-Jun-15 17:15:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyB49 Wed 17-Jun-15 17:49:27

I use a tube of leather cleaner from Clark's. Rub it on and buff it off. Dead easy.

WLondonMum Wed 17-Jun-15 19:26:20

I don't know if you can do this with Mulberry bags... and it sounds bonkers but I just put my leather Coach bags in the washing machine! On a wool wash and then after three days drying I give them a rub over with Lexol leather conditioner. They look like new, it is actually magic. I learnt this from a US purse forum. However the Coach bags are glove leather dyed all the way through... perhaps see if there are any cleaning tips on some bag obsessive sites specifically for Mulberry?

Carpaccio Wed 17-Jun-15 19:50:45

There are some companies that offer cleaning, but do your research before sending your bag off. There are stories of companies ruining the bags completely, so have a look on the purseforum for recommendations (and warnings).

If your bags is Darwin leather or NVT leather, then you cannot avoid the patina. You can treat your bag with some of the Collonil products (Mulberry has them on their site) - I use baby wipes to clean my Mulberry bags with (I have found them very effective on stains) as well as the Collonil cream to clean (not that it does much cleaning tbh, but Mulberry recommends it) and nourish the leather and then the Collonil Waterstop spray to waterproof and protect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now