Talk

Advanced search

Converse in the washing machine?

(13 Posts)
CremeDeSudo Wed 17-Jun-15 09:24:51

Will they survive? Is there a particular wash I should put them on? I have white ones and they're grubby but I don't want to ruin them!

Hoppinggreen Wed 17-Jun-15 09:26:45

I did it . I put them in a pillowcase and tied it up then chucked them in on a coloured wash with low spin, they were fine

iwantgin Wed 17-Jun-15 09:27:14

I have washed my Supergas in machine.

They came out fine.

I would imagine That Cons would be similar construction? I think that as long as you aren't washing them every week or so, then a one off when they really need it is worthwhile. Otherwise you may not wear them if they don't look so good?

Thisishowyoudisappear Wed 17-Jun-15 09:32:54

I think the main thing would be to use biological powder/liquid. IME they are never quite the same again, but if you don't wash them you prob won't wear them anyway. I always took the laces out and got new ones, which helps make them look a bit newer/cleaner.

SevenEleven Wed 17-Jun-15 10:58:49

Mine are always in the washer! I put a couple of towels in at the same time to avoid damaging the drum.

CremeDeSudo Wed 17-Jun-15 12:42:54

What about the red/blue colourings? Do they fade off?

DrankSangriaInThePark Wed 17-Jun-15 12:43:16

Always washed Superga and Converse. Otherwise I'd kill people at 20 paces. I just lob them in at 60 with whatever else I'm washing.

SakuraSakura Wed 17-Jun-15 13:23:57

In pillowcase at 40, or even 60, always come out fine.

BrokenFoot Wed 17-Jun-15 15:57:45

Mine are about 4 years old and I've washed them probably 2 or 3 times. I put mine in a bucket first and rubbed loads and loads of bleach into them. Left them overnight and then washed them on their own, came out amazingly white. None of the red or blue bits came off.

moooolah Wed 17-Jun-15 16:01:15

Just put dds in the wash and they came out like new. Still bright pink :-)

Peacheykeen Wed 17-Jun-15 16:11:22

Yes mine have always been fine too I tend to put liquid wash in the drum with the trainers and put it on 40 as pp mentioned if you're worried put them in an old pillow case

CremeDeSudo Wed 17-Jun-15 16:44:04

Thanks everyone smile

Potterwolfie Wed 17-Jun-15 17:49:03

I wash mine, they tend to come out a little bit paler (purple ones) but I like the worn look anyway, so it's fine. New laces make a real difference, and before you chuck them in the machine, scrub the rubber side sole bits with a toothbrush dipped in bleach - they come up fine after a wash!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now