Talk

Advanced search

dying blonde highlighted hair plum

(7 Posts)
RavioliOnToast Wed 17-Jun-15 09:09:43

would you? my hair currently has a lot of blonde highlights but I fancy a bit of a change, will it go bright? shall I not dare? grin

Lunastarfish Wed 17-Jun-15 09:12:33

When I was at school a blonde friend of mine did this and it went bright pink and wouldn't wash out

WindMeUpAndLetMeGo Wed 17-Jun-15 09:19:03

I would put a light brown over it first to dull down the highlights then do the plum a few days after.

RavioliOnToast Wed 17-Jun-15 09:19:57

Oh dear, that's putting me off a bit! my roots are desperate, and I'm very poor sad

RavioliOnToast Wed 17-Jun-15 09:21:19

Wind I think I read somewhere that ousting a brown over blonde could go khaki, that was what was initially putting me off brown, I actually quite fancy being a.chocolate colour, but again, could deal with khaki.blush

ihave2naughtydogs Wed 17-Jun-15 09:30:46

The ash colours will turn your hair khaki . A warm brown will not turn your hair green. But when the warm brown fades you could be left with alot of red in your hair.

WindMeUpAndLetMeGo Wed 17-Jun-15 09:36:19

I dyed my own highlighted hair to chocolate brown with no problems, use a semi not a permanent though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now