Talk

Advanced search

Bloody decleor (rant)

(9 Posts)
Steben Wed 17-Jun-15 07:27:39

Why do they put the lovely oils in ludicrous bloody apothecary bottles which a, result in waste and b, if you drop them like I did this morning smash and leak everywhere. I could sob, why not strong plastic tutor material with a pump dispenser!!!!! Sort it out. Rant over.

Picachew Wed 17-Jun-15 09:22:59

Oh no! I totally empathise sad they're such an investment aren't they? I buy mine from Amazon as they're a bit more affordable. It's also Decleor's 20th anniversary on QVC at the moment so lots of great offers on. HTH!

EthelCardew Wed 17-Jun-15 11:51:24

I've done this too. Smashed to pieces on my bathroom tiles.

I actually shed a tear.

DrankSangriaInThePark Wed 17-Jun-15 12:40:18

Oils and plastic don't go well together though.
Decleor are a rip off though. you can buy the exact same consistency oils from Amazon for a fifth of the price.

Steben Wed 17-Jun-15 16:17:42

Really? This was the iris one which I had wanted for ages and was a birthday present. I am still smarting over this morning hmm

Picachew Wed 17-Jun-15 16:41:12

They're not a rip off IMHO, any other facial oil brings me out in a rash. Iris oil in particular has won awards. You can't just chuck any old essential oils on your face.

As for bargains :

This is way cheaper than one bottle of iris oil www.qvcuk.com/Decleor-4-Piece-Aromessence-Journey-of-the-Senses.product.208155.html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-22-_-208155

Amazon have some at about £35. It's £54 RRP

Picachew Wed 17-Jun-15 16:42:26

Best to tip the bottle onto each finger pad on one hand I find. Lasts 6 months like that.

DrankSangriaInThePark Wed 17-Jun-15 18:08:54

No, don't get me wrong, I like them, loved the Iris.on my dry skin, but I think like most highly packaged, highly marketed stuff, they are overpriced.
I am waiting on BigButtons on the fantastic faces thread to work out the exact quantities of the NY Frankincense (my HG oil) and then I shall be happy grin

Steben Wed 17-Jun-15 20:14:13

I must admit I have used other facial oils and whilst some are good I have found nothing to rival iris and neroli. I think I have a 20 code somewhere for one of the sites so will dig that out. It's bloody annoying though because whilst they are exp I can make then last months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now