Talk

Advanced search

Electric foot files

(14 Posts)
cashmerecardigans Tue 16-Jun-15 14:05:29

Has anyone tried either the Scholl velvet smooth electric pedi file or the micro pedi one?
I am fed up with hard skin on my heels and my S&G foot file just doesn't seem to do it for me. Are they worth the cost?

NomiMalone Tue 16-Jun-15 14:07:52

I have the micro pedi and it's fantastic.

Hated the S&G file and one other manual file I tried. They did nothing compared to the Micro Pedi. Make sure you get the super rough rollers too. Makes a big difference.

PattiODoors Tue 16-Jun-15 14:09:24

I got one of the diamond blah blah ones a few weeks ago(scholl?) Was on offer in Boots £30 ish. With coarse head. Is fab. One sesh and horrid hard skin whooshed off. Do follow up with a flexitol style regime!

cashmerecardigans Tue 16-Jun-15 14:10:07

Thanks that's good to hear. They have £10 off them in boots at the mo. So tired of not wearing sandals in case someone is unlucky enough to stand behind my revolting heels on an escalatorsmile

PattiODoors Tue 16-Jun-15 14:12:04

I did mine on the patio so I wouldn't have yukky powdered skin to hoover up after. #toptip

afink Tue 16-Jun-15 14:24:00

I am confused by the different types. What do I need to buy from this list of products: www.boots.com/en/Boots-Brands-A-to-Z/Micropedi

addictedtosugar Tue 16-Jun-15 14:36:52

afink
either the MICRO Pedi Hard Skin Remover, MICRO Pedi Power - Rapid Hard Skin Remover or MICRO Pedi Professional - Rapid Hard Skin Remover.
Personally, I'd go for the cheepest - mine is great.

it will come with some of the sandpaper rollers, but as time goes on, you will need to replace them.

I do mine sat on the edge of the bath, feet inside the bath, and wash all the skin powder away.

ohmymimi Tue 16-Jun-15 16:34:27

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00U79S6ZA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
I bought this, plus some extra rollers (around 90p for 2), total cost under £13, including p&p. It's great. The only downside is it comes from China, so takes around a week to arrive.

chanie44 Tue 16-Jun-15 17:57:50

I have a micro pedi and I love it.

The manual foot file is hard work and my micro pedi is so quick and easy. I buy the fakes rollers from amazon. They are £10 for 4, whereas the branded replacements are £10 for 2.

does anyone know of anyheavy duty rollers that fit the scholl velvet smooth?do all the scholl ones fit it?

Picachew Tue 16-Jun-15 19:05:41

Mine ended up in the bin. I use an OPI foot file which I dampen and use on dry skin. Love it.

JustOneMoreGin Tue 16-Jun-15 23:19:28

I have one. It's okay - although my feet have never been completely smooth. However, a friend recently recommended Soap and Glory's Heel Genius and it's AMAZING. My feet have only ever looked this good after a professional pedicure. Try it!

Sansarya Tue 16-Jun-15 23:35:28

I've got a version of the Scholl electric pedi thing as it was half e price and does the job just as well. But I've recently discovered Footner socks and they are gross but amazing!

cashmerecardigans Thu 18-Jun-15 21:25:43

Just to update - I bought the Micro Pedi at Boots and it is amazing! My feet are sooo much better already. Thanks for the recommendation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now