Dress help needed for emergency services awards, I'm cluelessness

(7 Posts)
babsmam Mon 15-Jun-15 08:17:37

I'm going to an emergency services awards ceremony starting late afternoons next Thursday. I will be the plus one so uniform is not an option.

I have no idea what to wear or how dressy I should be does anyone have any idea?

I'm just 5"4' a flabby 10 or small 12 depending on the shop or fit. Bit of a tummy, 32ff norms and slimmer hips. Hourglass cross apple kind of shape. I don't suit sleeveless shift dress types as I have broad shoulders. Miss brown short hair and blue eyes.

Would ideally like something I can wear agin maybe for Christmas parties.

Help me s&b

babsmam Mon 15-Jun-15 08:18:02

Sorry for typos

Penfold007 Mon 15-Jun-15 08:29:01

Just wear smart clothes not a party frock. Think day dress or well cut trousers and nice top.

babsmam Mon 15-Jun-15 11:41:54

Thanks penfold

7to25 Mon 15-Jun-15 11:55:42

I was at a morning award ceremony at the weekend (as a plus one) and wore wide trousers from Zara, floaty off white top and statement necklace.
It seemed fine.
Most people were working and dressed in work attire.
It is a hard call. I didn't want to look "evening" or "wedding" but a bit dressed up.

Heels99 Mon 15-Jun-15 11:57:13

Make an appointment with John Lewis personal shopper, it is free and they are fantastic

babsmam Mon 15-Jun-15 13:59:38

Don't have a JL nearby or I would. I have ordered a load of dresses in bhs that I could wear after for work. Binns had a number of options but didn't have time to try on.
I like the trouser nice top idea too. Have set some time next Monday to try on as didn't have time today. Last minute but it will have to be.
Thanks ladies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now