Talk

Advanced search

What bags to take on holiday abroad?

(8 Posts)
Jemster Sun 14-Jun-15 22:55:12

What bag do you use for the beach when you have DH & 2 dc's in tow? DC's are 7 & 3. We're off on a beach holiday next weekend & I don't have a bag for the beach/pool so need to find something this week?

Also, what sort of bag is best for the plane? I'm thinking of all this stuff I 'might' need for the dc's that I'm going to have to take on board with me but I would also like something small & easy for me to access travel docs, passports, purse etc?

This is our first time flying with dc's so any suggestions to make things as simple as possible would be appreciated.

Hillfog Sun 14-Jun-15 23:08:34

www.joules.com/Women/Handbags-Purses/Joulesbigbag/Womens-Hold-All/Sky-Blue-Peony?id=S_JOULESBIGBAG|SKBLUPE

It's a cuter version of a big blue ikea bag.

Zorion Mon 15-Jun-15 08:48:30

I have a giant Longchamp LePliage which I find extremely useful for traveling, it doubles as a beach bag, pool bag (slightly waterproof!), hand luggage, market tote. I usually pop a tiny cross body clutch inside and use that for my essentials.

Zorion Mon 15-Jun-15 08:49:12

Should have said - I really like my bag as it closes, I couldn't find a beach bag which closed and all my stuff kept falling out.

CeeceeBloomingdale Mon 15-Jun-15 09:33:36

I have a huge sling bag that I bought years ago in primark. It folds up small but holds as much as a suitcase!

Littlepumpkinpie Mon 15-Jun-15 10:54:58

Your Dc can both have a bag too with stuff in them to keep them occupied on the flight. Mine have little Nike back packs ideal for little ones.

museumum Mon 15-Jun-15 10:56:41

North face rucksack.
I know that's not the S&B answer you're looking for but I find life too short for shoulder bags in airports or walking to/from the beach.

Coastingit Mon 15-Jun-15 11:03:58

I have Le Pliage too, it's brilliant for travel as it cleans easily and it's huge, and smart and goes with casual and semi smart outfits.

And a small crossbody which you can chuck inside Le Pliage if you need to, I have a few but always go back to my trusty Marc Jacobs Percy (mine is taupe with silver hardware) it's great as the zip makes it quick and easy to get into, I find flap opening bags more of a faff, it's also just such a sturdy and comfy bag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now