Talk

Advanced search

Facial fillers

(12 Posts)
ginorwine Sun 14-Jun-15 22:51:30

Have read a thread awhile ago which seemed to be critical of fillers both on a celebration of aging front as well as a visual no no .
Also that they would ultimately give a baggy face.
I have had a very minimal amount in my nose to mouth lines which were deep and I just feel much better .
My friend who has a plump face has no lines and she looks fab . If I had a face like that then I wouldn't bother but mines gone more gaunt it's not a look I embrace .
Any good things about filler use and also in the longer term ?

ginorwine Mon 15-Jun-15 18:10:51

Bump bump

willybreeder Mon 15-Jun-15 18:49:48

I'm the same and would love advice!

TheGruffal0 Mon 15-Jun-15 19:26:20

I heard somewhere they have a cumulative effect, requiring less the longer they are used, but I don't recall where I heard it so it may not be true.

ginorwine Mon 15-Jun-15 20:44:41

thanks gruff olo . I think that may be true - ESP with botox .

LadyMaryofDownton Mon 15-Jun-15 20:50:41

Oh watching as I would love to have this done. My nose to mouth lines are becoming deeper & deeper even though DH swears they don't exist (bless). I don't even smoke!

MozzchopsThirty Mon 15-Jun-15 21:06:58

Botox has a cumulative effect so you need to have it less and less.
Fillers do not work in this way.
Current research suggests that nose to mouth lines are better filled from the cheeks as it lifts the face, rather than fill the actual lines which is now not best practice

LittleMysMoominMamma Mon 15-Jun-15 21:52:54

I had cheek fillers to address those lines last December, and I love the effect. The lines aren't completely removed, but look much softer. It looks very natural, so much so that I had to tell DH and DD I'd had it done 24 hours later because they hadn't noticed. They then couldn't stop staring in amazement grin

I went to a GP who trains other aestheticians on the recommendation of a friend, he also said that filling the lines themselves was bad practice.

I'm not trying to look younger than my 49 years, I just want to look healthy, and this really helps. I wouldn't hesitate to have it done again when this wears off, but it hasn't made me want to have anything else done.

BuggersMuddle Mon 15-Jun-15 22:16:26

Sorry not much help but I would love to understand how painful they are (honestly). I think if you have big nose to lip / chin lines they can have a massive positive effect - not so sure about cheek plumping etc. (I'm sure it can look fab but I have seen it overdone and I guess you have to keep going?) I have hereditary lines around my mouth (had distinct indentation by probably 12), so this is the one area I would seriously consider as while it's not noticeably aging right now, I don't really aspire to nose to chin lines like my dad!

I confess I am needle-phobic in general, but have considered botox on my 11 lines or whatever you call them. I very fair so in my view have aged rapidly from 30 (the young dry skin and all that), but others say not.

For me it would be the fact that I pretty much went from overnight being carded for booze to 'oh no probs you're clearly old enough haha'. Now admittedly I was 30+, but the difference in my appearance from 30 - 34 is massive and far more so than say, 19-29.

ginorwine Mon 15-Jun-15 23:26:10

Buggar a to be honest I found it quite painful but I was so determined I just decided to face it - pardon the pun !
I was so instantly pleased and remandin so .
It's to me a sensation like having eye brows threaded pkus pkus .

butterfly133 Tue 16-Jun-15 09:13:34

one of my friends does this and she has some bruising so has to book it in carefully to stay home a bit. She is really pleased with it but I never notice when it wears off. I have a very non-critical eye though.

that said, ginorwine (gin is the answer to that by the way) - you ask about bagging or something? Recently pictures of Felicity Kendal, I thought, showed bagging. I know she likes to smoke but I just thought the look was kind of odd, but I totally take her point about not wanting fillers forever.

Urr1 Thu 03-Dec-15 11:27:48

Hi anyone out there ever used Consultant Clinic Harley street for any nose or face filling lips etc., my daughter has booked to have her nose done and I am concerned I cant see any reviews independently online. Although they say their most experienced injection person is a Registrar from NHS Birmingham that really means he is in training?? Worrying about this going badly wrong. Would like to know if anyone has used them and their results
thank you all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now