Talk

Advanced search

Nude tights for summer dresses, micronet?

(16 Posts)
MadameJosephine Sun 14-Jun-15 19:54:27

I have a couple of events coming up where I'd like to wear dresses (birthday party and a retirement do) and if it was winter I'd get away with black opaque tights but in June/July that's just going to look odd, right? I have varicose veins, thread veins and a very stubborn patch of eczema so bare legs/fake tans are just not going to happen I'm afraid so what else would you recommend? Don't want to look too shiny so was thinking maybe nude micronets? does anybody have any experience?

Autumn2014 Sun 14-Jun-15 20:07:40

Not heard of that design, but I like boots range of summer nude tights. The colour is natural and not too shiney. I know it's not popular to wear tights but I don't do fake tan as I'm so pale skinned so I like tights to give me a bit of polished (not shiney) look. I wear closed toe shoes but that's also next don't like my toes! Good luck with your search and hope you have fun at the events.

BoeBarlow Sun 14-Jun-15 20:24:32

Pretty Polly natural tights are amazing. I think they're 8 denier but don't look like you're wearing tights at all. Not shiny at all (I hate shiny tights!). They're the only ones I wear. You can get them in Boots for about £5.

MadameJosephine Sun 14-Jun-15 21:52:27

Thanks ladies I'll have a look in my local boots and see what they've got

HellonHeels Sun 14-Jun-15 22:55:05

nude micronets are my summer legwear. I usually get Jonathan aston but M&S have them now for £6 which is a bargain.

MadameJosephine Sun 14-Jun-15 23:00:22

Thanks for the tip, I have an m&s close to me so I think I might have a look there too. I'm worried the 8 denier ones recommended above will be really easy to ladder, are micronets more resilient?

HellonHeels Sun 14-Jun-15 23:05:30

Micronets are much more robust than sheer tights IMO. just be careful putting them on and you can still poke a hole in them. Their huge advantage is that even if you hole them, they don't ladder, so inconspicuous snags etc will stay hidden.

HellonHeels Sun 14-Jun-15 23:07:32

Look for them in the M&S 'fashion tights' section, not the regular racks of tights.

MadameJosephine Sun 14-Jun-15 23:09:13

Thanks a lot for your help, think I'll get a pair tomorrow and try them out

Happynow Sun 14-Jun-15 23:15:52

Recommend Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs and nude micronets on top. Had the same dilemma a couple of years ago when returning to work. They are the summer time equivalent of black opaques and are so much more forgiving than normal sheer nude tights for some reason. Ones from Primark perfectly good for trying out the look.

HellonHeels Sun 14-Jun-15 23:20:03

Primark! Never thought to look there. Thanks for the tip smile

Annarose2014 Mon 15-Jun-15 00:23:40

As someone who can't get away with "summer" nude tights, this is very encouraging.

Only thing is I'm slightly afraid of looking like Beyonce in concert. Is the fishnet aspect very obvious?

HellonHeels Mon 15-Jun-15 00:28:10

The micronets are much more subtle than traditional fishnets. As long as you're not wearing them with hotpants I think you'll be OK grin

Happynow Mon 15-Jun-15 00:28:59

Nope not at all Annarose ... I had the same misgivings ... you'll be pleasantly surprised!

cerealqueen Mon 15-Jun-15 00:29:39

Sally Hansen Airbrush legs is like foundation for legs. I have horrible veins and it is my saviour!

Annarose2014 Mon 15-Jun-15 10:29:01

Ok, I'm going to go to Primark and see if I can get some, at least if I don't like them they'll be cheap!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now