Talk

Advanced search

Body shop chamomile cleansing butter

(13 Posts)
sonata1 Sun 14-Jun-15 09:58:33

How do you know how much of this to use? I am taking out maybe half a teaspoon with a spatula but I have no idea how much is needed. Also, does anyone use a few drops of water to blend it?

Misslgl88 Sun 14-Jun-15 10:45:12

I have this and just use my fingers to apply so just use as much as I feel I need, I don't use water to blend either I got a Muslin cloth with mine and just remove with that after letting it sit a few seconds

Fallulah Sun 14-Jun-15 11:30:27

I use less than you, Sonata, and I rub it in/on well and then take it off with a hot cloth.

I love it, and have been following it with the drops of youth bouncy mask in the evenings which I think is really making a difference. You only need tiny amounts of both.

suze28 Sun 14-Jun-15 12:29:50

I use this and only take out a small smear with my fingers, massage in then remove with a hot flannel. Fallulah I am tempted by the drops of youth but the £22 cost was putting me off a bit. I thought that was a bit steep for the Body Shop. Is it really worth it?

sonata1 Sun 14-Jun-15 16:36:24

Thank you everyone. I will have to try this without wetting my face first. It's just a habit. I do takeit off with a hot muslin cloth though. Home Bargains/Savers do a similar one to Liz Earle and cheaper !

Fallulah Sun 14-Jun-15 17:55:29

Suze it is good but I got a bit lucky with mine...

I had a sample of the bouncy mask when I bought the cleansing butter and there was a ten pounds off next purchase voucher on the receipt. The sales assistant said I could use it to come back and buy the mask if I liked the sample. So I did indeed go back, only to be told the voucher didn't apply to 'new' products. I explained that I had been told I could use it against the mask and they honoured it. So I got it for £12. Credit to them for doing that.

I haven't used it for long enough yet to decide whether I'd buy it again at full price but it is good.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 14-Jun-15 19:35:48

Camomile Balm - I LOVE it grin. I was underwhelmed by the Camomile eyemake up remover so I was really pleased with the butter.
I dig my thumbnail in (i have short nails) to hoik out a lump and use a hot muslin cloth.

I tried a bit of the sleep mask on my hand, it felt gorgeous. I was a bit hmm at £22 too but I have a £10 off so I will buy some even though I'm doing No Spend June next time I'm out.

I bought some cloths from Dirty Works at Sainsburys , also got Liz Earle cloths and some from Superdrugs Radiant.

Actually, I bought the Superdrug overnight Retinol mask, IIRC it was £6ish for a small tube but you don't need much. Really good results.

I saw an overnight mask (Ultrasun) on QVC so might try that if I don't buy the Drops of Youth one.

Sleepyfergus Sun 14-Jun-15 19:44:55

I am also a new convert to the camomile butter and really like it. It smells divine too. I tend to just use some on my fingertips. I think the trick is to apply it to dry skin. I bought the BS muslin but found it a bit harsh. So I went back and bought another cloth thing for the BS which is supposed to be softer but it's like using a square of rubber on your face. Terrible. And it goes rock hard when dry (but softens again when you wet it)

I might see if I can get some other muslins from elsewhere.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 14-Jun-15 19:51:18

Ooh I got a cloth like that with a SBC (Simply Beautiful Cosmetics) cleanser.
It was pink and like one of those funny kitchen sponges that dry out (so it doesn't harbour bacteria) really didn't like it. I use a muslin once then put it in the laundry.

I put new ones in a hot wash when the washing machine has its maintenance 90c wash then in the normal laundry. Softens them nicely.

Solsticediva Wed 01-Jul-15 07:10:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Anonydaddy Mon 03-Aug-15 22:00:46

Anonydaddy Mon 03-Aug-15 22:01:29

ReluctantCamper Mon 03-Aug-15 22:05:42

Have you been taking nightnurse again?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now