Talk

Advanced search

Clarins UV plus SPF 50 anti pollution

(8 Posts)
sonata1 Sun 14-Jun-15 09:49:06

I got this yesterday in exchange for a Clarins oil. I am giving it a test run.30ml !! I don't think it is going to last very long. I haven't used moisturiser underneath but think I will need to. I am going to see how it gets on with my skin today. Anyone else use this?

DidgeDoolittle Sun 14-Jun-15 11:15:39

I use this under my foundation. I've used it for about six weeks and I like it a lot. It's expensive for a very small bottle, so I might try something else next time. I will buy it again if I can't find anything else.

sonata1 Sun 14-Jun-15 16:39:33

Hi DD. So far so good. No adverse reaction and my face feels smooth. However,I think I will need to use a moisturiser underneath as I can see me using too much of this on its own and it's way too expensive.

Greengardenpixie Sun 14-Jun-15 18:55:54

Maybe you would be better off buying a moisturiser with a built in spf. I have just started using Alpha H daily essential moisturiser with spf50. Its about £23.00 but its a moisturiser as well so maybe better value.

sonata1 Sun 14-Jun-15 19:32:01

I have just returned my daughter's Alpha H SPF 30 moisturiser to QVC for refund as the pump broke( a common fault according to reviews) so, although I do use a lot of Alpha H products , I am wary of their products with pump delivery systems.

WeSailTonightForSingapore Sun 14-Jun-15 19:40:33

I've used this for years, on a daily basis. It doesn't last very long and you do need to wear a moisturiser underneath.

I found it works well with make up, sinks in quickly etc. I've tried alternatives over the years - Kiehl's, Elizabeth Arden day wear, Clinique city block - but keep going back to clarins because it has the lightest formulation. The only other rival product I found is a shiseido sunscreen available only in Japan.

Re cost: can you stock up at the duty free if/when you travel? It's about £6 cheaper. I recently bought mine from Escentual and it was cheaper than on the high street. Otherwise if I'm not travelling I buy online or in boots especially if I have those 'double points' or '500 points if you spend £50' vouchers smile

WeSailTonightForSingapore Sun 14-Jun-15 19:41:33

Sorry, I meant the bottle doesn't last very long. The product itself is great!

Greengardenpixie Sun 14-Jun-15 20:18:39

You can buy a smaller size without the pump. I have the 30ml travel size. Will use that until they fix the pump situation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now