Talk

Advanced search

Feeling dowdy, need a cheap pick me up

(17 Posts)
WindMeUpAndLetMeGo Sat 13-Jun-15 23:03:15

Feeling a bit grotty and fed up with myself so could do with some cheap ideas to perk myself up - any suggestions?

LikeASoulWithoutAMind Sat 13-Jun-15 23:04:59

How's your hair? A good haircut can work wonders - and you can wear it every day wink

WindMeUpAndLetMeGo Sat 13-Jun-15 23:07:28

Hair definitely needs an overhaul, have to wait for pay day for that and get roots done

Smellyoulateralligator Sat 13-Jun-15 23:10:25

A nice bright lipstick, sunglasses, a coul ordeal scarf maybe? Accessories can be cheap and lift your look I find. Nice earrings, perfume, lipstick and sunglasses always make me feel more glamorous.

Smellyoulateralligator Sat 13-Jun-15 23:11:06

I mean a coloured scarf of course.

WindMeUpAndLetMeGo Sat 13-Jun-15 23:14:42

Have never worn scarves, have a couple lurking in the wardrobe, will try one tomorrow, thanks

DownWithThisTypeOfThing Sat 13-Jun-15 23:16:06

Nail varnish?

ShebaQueen Sat 13-Jun-15 23:18:30

Fake tan? Doesn't have to be really dark, I use a gradual one and it always makes me look and feel a lot better.

WindMeUpAndLetMeGo Sat 13-Jun-15 23:18:54

I do my toes, but don't generally do my hands as it seems to chip so quickly, maybe I just need a different brand, I think I have Rita Ora/Rimmel in the fridge at the moment

WindMeUpAndLetMeGo Sat 13-Jun-15 23:20:55

Sheba ive always been a bit scared of fake tan as there seem to be so many orange people about! Any recommendations?

ShebaQueen Sat 13-Jun-15 23:26:16

I like Johnson's Holiday Skin as it's foolproof and not orange. I noticed there is a thread on here about the new St Tropez in-shower tanner but I haven't tried it yet.

I also use the wash off tanning products regularly, Rimmel SunShimmer is great and if you don't like the tone you can just wash it off.

Sgtmajormummy Sat 13-Jun-15 23:28:25

A new well fitting bra will raise your "morale"grin. If you go to M&S at a quiet time you should find someone willing to help.

WindMeUpAndLetMeGo Sat 13-Jun-15 23:31:48

Is the Rimmel SunShimmer the glittery/sparkly one?

Am all good on undies, though agree wearing nice undies always makes you feel better.

Longleggedlovely Sat 13-Jun-15 23:45:45

Definitely a fake tan! I was feely crappy last week having had an operation, booked myself a spray tan (£12.50 Sienna X Tan) and I've had compliments all week so it worked a treat!

ShebaQueen Sun 14-Jun-15 10:57:49

Rimmel SunShimmer comes in "Shimmer" or "Matte" Windme. I much prefer the matte.

WindMeUpAndLetMeGo Sun 14-Jun-15 11:10:13

Thanks, will keep an eye out for the matte one.

Blueberrymuffint0p Sun 14-Jun-15 11:16:29

Eat well for a couple of days-no sugar or processed food,drink lots of water,go out for a brisk walk. That always makes me feel brighter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now