Talk

Advanced search

Best fake tan for total novice

(10 Posts)
lotusisaddictive Sat 13-Jun-15 22:33:00

I have never ever fake tanned in my life, never even had a real tan. I've bought some knee length dresses and don't want to wear tights or leggings but my legs are horrible, pale, spotty and fat.

What can I use which will make them look better? I need something that is foolproof that won't look orange.

Also can I use the same product on my face as b

lotusisaddictive Sat 13-Jun-15 22:33:34

Meant to say can I use the same product on face and body?

bluejam Sat 13-Jun-15 22:39:01

St tropez mousse never streaks on me and I just chuck it on and rub it in with latex gloves no mitt!

bluejam Sat 13-Jun-15 22:39:12

I use on face and body

FinallyHere Sat 13-Jun-15 22:47:51

Sally Hansen airbrush legs is the way to go. Its like makeup, but for legs. Once dry, doesn't smear onto clothes. Washes off.

Gives the same look as tights from a distance. Enjoy. xx

lotusisaddictive Sun 14-Jun-15 06:39:14

Thanks grin

I'm going to boots today so will have a look at both of those.

BreadmakerFan Sun 14-Jun-15 06:45:06

Exfoliate and moisturise first.

burnishedsilver Sun 14-Jun-15 07:23:37

Johnsons holiday skin is pretty fool proof. I love it for my body but its too moisturising for my face. I use clarins on my face.

FusionChefGeoff Sun 14-Jun-15 07:41:31

I like Ambre Solaire gel "no streaks bronzer" tan - slap it on, job done and lasts a few days too. Face and body plus can do a couple of days running if you want a deeper colour.

Get some of the exfoliating gloves too and make a quick scrub part of your every day routine.

Wash hands after application!!!!!!! If I'm feeling fancy, I use a cotton pad to wipe a very fine layer of tan on my hands after washing them - avoids the white glove look.

pookypup Sun 14-Jun-15 08:01:05

Second vote for St Moritz foam with an applicator mit here. I'm a very pale tanning novice but have got in really well with this in medium. Soak in the bath and a good scrub beforehand with exfoliating gloves. Moisturise especially knees, elbows and feet (sometimes a second layer after tan is on).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now