Talk

Advanced search

Brown marks on my face, irreversible?

(7 Posts)
VulvaVoom Sat 13-Jun-15 22:11:04

I wear spf 50, and sadly lots of thick make up.

I have brown blotchy marks all over my face from very little sun exposure and hormones according to the doctors

Apart from slithering it on thick for the rest of my life, is there anything I can do. It really gets me down blush

burnishedsilver Sun 14-Jun-15 07:59:31

I've recently kicked my skincare up a notch. Inspired by advice here I've been researching various products and reading Caroline Hirrons blog. There are some great products out there. Read up on Retinols, acid toners and consider trying something like this.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 14-Jun-15 08:13:32

About 4 years I go I had a large brown mark develop on an area of my nose. I bloody hated it, very very self conscious of it. It was very noticeable. I used the spot corrector from Eucerin, daily, for a long time (I think just under a year)!, and it completely went. It faded and then disappeared completely. That was about 2 years ago and it's fantastic being blemish free.

I can't recommend it enough.

Notfootball Sun 14-Jun-15 20:21:14

Second the Eucerin spot corrector, I've been using it for the last three weeks on a couple dark spots\hyperpigmentation around my mouth and the difference is amazing; they have faded so much (I did before and after photos) that I was shocked. It actually works.

VulvaVoom Mon 15-Jun-15 20:17:58

Thank you very much for these late replies. Will look at the spot corrector.

CeeceeBloomingdale Tue 16-Jun-15 08:37:18

Try fade out moisturiser

lurkingaround Tue 16-Jun-15 09:08:47

A few sessions of IPL is probably your best bet. Fastest too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now