Talk

Advanced search

Hairloss

(18 Posts)
lancerate121 Sat 13-Jun-15 08:34:41

Hello ladies,
I have got dandruff and i am planning to wash my hair with tea tree shampoo to get rid of the dandruff. Can you kindly guide me on what do i do with my hair loss. I have severe hair loss whenever i apply oil in my head. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

lancerate121 Sun 14-Jun-15 06:12:14

Bump

DragonRojo Mon 15-Jun-15 10:20:57

I find Biotin tablets help with my hairloss

Naicecuppatea Mon 15-Jun-15 10:29:43

Don't apply oil if it is worsening your hair loss. Keep your scalp clean and clear by tackling your dandruff and washing your hair regularly. B vitamins can be helpful, also check if you are anaemic.

lancerate121 Wed 17-Jun-15 06:41:53

Thanks for the replies.But wouldn't my hair become dry if I don't apply oil and just wash my hair??

superram Wed 17-Jun-15 06:55:48

I don't know anyone who oils their hair and they don't have especially dry hair. Why not use dandruff shampoo and just put conditioner on the ends. Make sure you run your scalp gently to remove the flakes.

Naicecuppatea Wed 17-Jun-15 11:13:05

No, your hair shouldn't become dry if you use the right shampoo and conditioner.

burnishedsilver Wed 17-Jun-15 11:50:56

I've never put oil on my hair. I'm not sure I know anyone who does. Your hair/scalp isn't liking the oil if it's reacting badly so don't do it.

burnishedsilver Wed 17-Jun-15 11:54:43

Just a thought, are you sure what you have is actually dandruff? You might need a coal tar shampoo or something else other than a dandruff shampoo.

lancerate121 Thu 18-Jun-15 07:30:12

I do have dandruff as there are pimples on my face due to them. I am currently using tea tree shampoo to get rid of the dandruff. I shall stop applying coconut oil in my hair,and hopefully the hairloss must be much less.

lancerate121 Tue 23-Jun-15 17:48:38

I washed my hair without applying oil and it turned out to be dry. Is there any alternative for oil?

clearasmud Tue 23-Jun-15 17:59:13

Nizorol is effective for dandruff and hairloss. I'm not sure if you can buy it over the counter in UK but I highly recommend it. Google to read reviews.

do you use a conditioner after shampooing? the best thing I had for hair loss was (don't laugh) shampoo and conditioner made for horses but okayed for humans too. mega tek stuff but mane and tail is also supposed to be good

Melonfool Tue 23-Jun-15 19:36:55

I don't really understand this:

oil = hairloss
no oil = dryness
something else = dandruff

It sounds to me as if you need to start again with everything. Most people don't oil their hair. I do now and then, maybe once a week, but it's not dry in between.

Are you sure you have dandruff?

What does this mean:

"I do have dandruff as there are pimples on my face due to them." ?

I've never heard of someone having pimples due to dandruff, possibly due to oily hair...?

There are plenty of dandruff shampoos without oil, so maybe if you're sure it's dandruff use one of those (not H&S, it's horrible), then use a nice conditioner. Then look into your skincare routine and use a cleanser morning and evening.

You could take fish oil capsules, they are good for dryness.

Then you need to think more about the hairloss - I doubt oil is causing it. Maybe your diet? I had bad hairloss when I had a problem with my gall bladder, due to lack of nutrition - iron can cause it, so maybe take iron (and you'd probably need to take vit C with it) bt that needs to be a long term thing.

What 'type' of hair do you have, is there anything else that could be causing hairloss - stress, over styling?

sonata1 Tue 23-Jun-15 20:17:29

Firstly have you been to your GP to get a full blood count and thyroid function tests done? Nothing will work if you have anaemia or a thyroid problem. Are you menopausal with androgenic alopecia ? Let your GP look at your scalp and see if there is a problem there. He can run some blood tests or suggest treatment,
I have had some pleasing results with Hubner's silica. Biotin gave me spots. I also take Perfectil Skin, hair and nails supplement (3 boxes for £10 in Asda). Although they don't fully solve the problem, they do help.

lancerate121 Sun 28-Jun-15 18:25:55

melonfool I am planning to see a dermatologist. Hopefully he should have something in store to cure my hairloss.

RoginaInWellies Sun 28-Jun-15 20:08:10

My skin reacts to tea tree oil. Maybe it's causing more problems than it's solving?

lancerate121 Mon 03-Aug-15 17:58:06

Hello ladies,
I have been to the dermatologist and she said that I have dandruff. She has prescribed medicines,oil and shampoo. But even after a month I still have dandruff. Is there any natural way of curing dandruff?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now