Talk

Advanced search

How long do your make up brushes last ?

(3 Posts)
yallahabibi Sat 13-Jun-15 08:05:10

I invested in genuine from the store , MAC brushes last summer , for blush ,powder and foundation and all have started shedding big time . Long black hairs on my face is not my desired look.
I wash them regularly in the brush shampoo , don't soak or stand wet .What's going wrong ?
I am really peeved they cost about a squillon quid . I have had paint brushes I've used for work that have lasted for 15 years do it can't be my care method , can it ?

ZaraW Sat 13-Jun-15 08:28:13

I've had a MAC powder brush for 7 years use it every day and it's still as good as new. I've also Trish McEvoy brushes which are 15 years old and they are still fine. Maybe the quality of their brushes isn't as good as it was?

MrsMcGregor Sat 13-Jun-15 10:22:32

I've had my Mac foundation brush for 13 years. It went a bit green at the bit where the bristles are attached when I first washed it but the green didn't spread and the bristles certainly don't come out. Is it worth mentioning to the girls at the Mac counter where you got yours? Maybe a bad batch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now