Talk

Advanced search

How long for an ombre?

(9 Posts)
LivinLaVidaLoki Fri 12-Jun-15 19:47:37

I went to the salon just over 2 weeks ago and showed the hairdresser a pic of the ombre kind of style (below) I am after but she advised my hair would be too short for ombre.
But I wasnt so sure. My hair is about 2/3rds of the way down to my bra strap. Its longer than it has been in quite a while. But I just keep thinking, shes the expert.
So, Im generally adventurous with hair colour and my hair always colours really well. so we hit the magazines and find the other colour below (purple/red).
She colours it and it goes wrong. The colour barely shows (and what was thete washed out), so she offers me a recolour.
Shes generally very good but Im a bit wary of trying that colour again in case it doesnt come out again. Part of me wants to revisit the ombre (another reason for ombre was it would blend with the few greys Ive got hanging around). Or do I risk it and go for the other colour again.
What are your opinions on the length....is it too short?

LivinLaVidaLoki Fri 12-Jun-15 19:49:13

Forgot the ombre one

LivinLaVidaLoki Fri 12-Jun-15 20:32:08

Anyone?

JimineyJelickers Fri 12-Jun-15 20:55:19

I have seen people with ombre with only shoulder length hair and it looks fine, but obviously if your colourist isn't happy to do it it's probably not a good idea to pressure her about it!

The purple looks like it would be really hard to maintain.

What colour is your hair naturally?

LivinLaVidaLoki Fri 12-Jun-15 21:02:00

Naturally dark brown.

OwlRR Fri 12-Jun-15 21:06:02

I have a chin length bob and have ombre blush Maybe I'm committing a huge faux pas? I started it off with blond up to about half way down, but now have bayalage highligyts and it is pretty blond all over but still ombre as darker on top.

LivinLaVidaLoki Fri 12-Jun-15 21:23:48

I bet that looks fab owl.
Thats another thing jiminey I was thinking the ombre would be easier to maintain.

LondonHuffyPuffy Fri 12-Jun-15 21:39:44

I was going to say go for balayage as well.

Even works on shorter length hair

I have a fairly pronounced ombre, but my hair is really long. It needs several inches lopping off the ends as it is a bit knackered, so am going balayage next time

lisaloulou84 Fri 12-Jun-15 22:53:29

I'm no expert but have had ombré on hair your length and loved it - just gone shorter to more of a long bob and am probably going to add some ombré again. A bit like this - http://therighthairstyles.com/the-30-sizzling-ombre-hair-color-solutions-for-blond-brown-red-black-hair/

Sounds like she might not be very confident doing the style.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now