Clothes (tops) for hot weather

(8 Posts)
Itscurtainsforyou Fri 12-Jun-15 17:46:23

It's been lovely and warm here today (24c) and I've been sweltering!
I've realised that the majority of my summer tops (vests, t-shirts etc) are quite close-fitting and I couldn't bear to wear them today as they made me feel too hot.

I'm going to the U.S. next year and expecting the temperatures to be into the 30s. But what can I wear?
I've looked for floaty tops but many of them seem to be polyester etc which will be even worse!

I'm size 18-20 and planning to lose some weight between now and then, but I'm not sure that will solve the problem completely.

Any ideas on tops that will fit the bill? To complicate things further I'm autumn colouring, so can't easily wear a lot of the pastels/blues etc that are in the shops at the moment.

TIA

herecomesthsun Fri 12-Jun-15 18:55:22

TK Maxx I have just got several floaty, white cotton ones in a slightly smaller size

ZaraW Fri 12-Jun-15 19:02:11

Loose cotton tops in voile work well in hot conditions I got some in the J Crew sale last year.

yazzy85 Fri 12-Jun-15 20:28:37

Boden has some cotton t-shirt tops, I find cotton is much better when its hot

FinallyHere Fri 12-Jun-15 20:30:39

Same size, I found Royal Robbins great for warned temperatures.

Lovely range of colours, in cotton and linen. Enjoy. xx

RoganJosh Fri 12-Jun-15 20:31:32

Do you like linen? I have a couple of linen shirts that work well in the heat. They look nice in cream, olive, camel etc.
I also like slightly looser linen tshirts (stretchy tshirt material but a bit coarser somehow).

Itscurtainsforyou Fri 12-Jun-15 21:31:18

Great ideas - I'll have a look thanks smile

Itscurtainsforyou Sat 13-Jun-15 09:27:54

Thanks all - I've found a few linen t-shirts that may fit the bill

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now