Talk

Advanced search

Please help fix my face. I beg you! (Picture)

(22 Posts)
blueBooby Fri 12-Jun-15 14:35:09

My face is really starting to get me down. My skin is tired-looking, dull, starting to wrinkle and some open pores. I don't have lots of spots but my face feels bumpy like I have a few under the skin ones. I think it's all gone downhill since I had my dd (who is nearly 1), probably a mixture of hormones and the fact I've not had a full night's sleep since I was about 6 months pregnant.

I've read about retin-A or something. Does it really work and where can I buy it? Or is there anything else anyone can recommend? I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to beauty care.

Atm I'm washing my face with sebamed, and I use a face moisturiser with spf30 and on top that I usually put on clinique even better dark spot defence screen with has spf45. I'm naturally very pale hence the loading on of sun protection. I always thought that would stop me going wrinkly but alas. sad

NowhereNow Fri 12-Jun-15 18:17:06

Bumping for you smile

I have no tips, but your skin doesn't look bad to me at all - hopefully some skincare experts can give you some expert advice soon though.

I read on here recently about Nip + Fab wipes that are meant to be great. Some kind of acid toner I think. Maybe do a search.

Rohey Fri 12-Jun-15 18:48:11

Have you tried alpha h liquid gold? Worked wonders for brightening up my face. Qvc sell it with a 30 day money back guarantee so you can return it if it's not suitable for you.. X

Greengardenpixie Fri 12-Jun-15 18:54:15

Your skin looks fine to me smile What age are you? You dont look that old tbh.

clearasmud Fri 12-Jun-15 19:06:33

Retin A does work but is a long term treatment. I'm not sure you'd be able to get it over the counter in the UK. Where I am we can and it's dirt cheap.
If you do get your hands on it, start very slowly. Mix it 1:1 with your night mousturiser and then depending how your skin responds gradually reduce the mousturiser until your skin can tolerate just the retin A. Expect some flaking initially. This is how you will gauge how much to apply.

In my opinion retin a is the only topical anti-aging product that works.

If you're not against Botox then that is the alternative to fixing the lines around your eyes.

I actually think your skin looks good, but do understand that you may be noticing lines that weren't there before. If you want to save time and money on treatments that don't work then retin a / botox are the way to go.

Marylou2 Fri 12-Jun-15 20:02:43

Have you read Caroline Hirons website. She's amazingly knowledgeable on all things skin related. Are you sure you're not dehydrated? Perhaps a few extra glasses of water a day. Hot cloth cleansing improved my skin immeasurably I like Elemis or Liz Earle. Also perhaps try Clarisonic in the mornings with your existing cleanser. Also using an oil at night can help, i love Clarins but keen to try Sunday Riley Luna Oil. Botox does help with the forehead and elevens.No cream comes close.

Battyoldbird Fri 12-Jun-15 22:08:12

You look lovely to me, English Rose complexion. I always find lack of sleep make you feel rough inside and out.

Are you taking/eating vitamins?? Drink lots of water.

Don't be too hard on yourself.

CatsRule Fri 12-Jun-15 22:13:22

Liz Earle superskin oil is fab...I put this on at night and it smells great too.

How do you see pictures?

Skinheadmermaid Fri 12-Jun-15 23:19:50

Your skin looks good. The best thing for skin is to nourish it from the inside so plenty of water, vegetables etc. Sounds obvious but it honestly works.
Make up wise I recommend the porefessional primer by benefit, it really smooths out your complexion.

blueBooby Sat 13-Jun-15 01:02:35

I do drink loads of water but will try upping it. I feel embarrassed to say my age in case you all think my skin looks OK but you're imagining that I'm about ten years older than I am... alright so I'm nearly 28. If you are shocked by that please don't say I don't think I can take any criticism!

You've given me a lot of suggestions, thank you. smile

Now I keep thinking of a quote from the thick of it. "Malcolm you're looking good... For someone twice your age."

Italiangreyhound Sat 13-Jun-15 01:09:43

Lovely skin. Don't worry, enjoy life, you look good.

Floisme Sat 13-Jun-15 10:33:18

Op your skin looks absolutely fine to me and I can't believe people are suggesting heavy duty procedures.

Your eyes however look tired, which is hardly surprising. I would say the main treatment you need is sleep. I realise that's probably the one thing you can't get at the moment but try and hang on in there and be good to yourself. flowers

Marylou2 Sat 13-Jun-15 10:49:36

Sorry OP you are definitely young enough to be my DD! No botox for at least 15 years!! grin .

pinkfrocks Sat 13-Jun-15 10:53:04

You look fine and I can't see what the problem is.

Marylou2 Sat 13-Jun-15 10:56:33

Love The Thick of It quote. Malcolm Tucker, my all time fav TV character.

Walnutpie Sat 13-Jun-15 11:51:42

Op, you have good skin.

Two things will help you. You need to exfoliate. And you need to feed your skin some vitamin C.

Get trilogy enzyme cleanser. Get philosophy Vit C powder.

stonelog Sat 13-Jun-15 11:52:41

Your skin is good, OP. Stop paying attention to beauty magazines and people who have caked themselves in foundation!

Smellyoulateralligator Sat 13-Jun-15 11:56:29

I get those under skin spots OP.
I found doing a hot cloth cleans every day helps, but plenty of sleep and water makes all The difference.
When I'm well rested and hydrated they do seem to disappear.

blueBooby Sat 13-Jun-15 16:53:15

I don't read beauty magazines but I have become fixated on my face recently though, to an unhealthy level I think!
I feel vain for it, and for starting this thread but it's really been bothering me. It is reassuring to see you don't think it looks too bad. Even if that was just flattery it helped!

I think I need sleep more than anything. I will try vitamin c and maybe that liquid gold stuff in the meantime, also hot cloths and maybe those nip and fab wipes. Lots of ideas there. And botox can wait for a few years at least!

dependentspouse Sat 13-Jun-15 23:00:47

Clesrasmud - where are you that you can get retin-a OTC?? Thanks!

Wagglebee Sat 13-Jun-15 23:12:15

You look absolutely fine. I'm early 30's and always get told I look a lot younger so much that it annoys me but your skin looks way better than mine. I think you might've fixated on it tbh and you're seeing problems where there aren't any. I've been there. flowers

Try focusing on eating really well, so increasing your veg and drinking lots of water and getting some more sleep if you can. Both will improve your mood and help your skin look brighter. Although it looks bright to me already.

Wagglebee Sat 13-Jun-15 23:17:22

Vitamin D and zinc are very good for skin especially if you've a few bumps under the surface.

Try not to worry about it though. You really do have good skin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now