Talk

Advanced search

I need new sun glasses and don't know how to find a pair that suits me.

(7 Posts)
KiteKit Fri 12-Jun-15 13:05:40

I know this sounds really silly, but I have NO idea if a pair of sunglasses 'suits' me or not and I don't know how to go about selecting a pair. Do you all just 'know'?

Coastingit Fri 12-Jun-15 13:11:34

Eh? You just go to a shop and try loads on, and look in the mirror, and then buy the ones that look the best. Am I missing something? confused

Just like any other clothes shopping really. Not big secret technique to it.

macnab Fri 12-Jun-15 13:22:57

If you google sunglasses to suit my face shape you'll find lots of sites that help you find the best style for you.

I did this recently. I have a slim longish face and apparently aviator style suits me best. I've never worn that style before. Got a lovely pair in River Island and they look fab (if I may say so myself smile)

squoosh Fri 12-Jun-15 13:24:33

Are you unused to wearing sunglasses and feel a bit self-conscious in them?
Go into TK Maxx, try on of lots of pairs and pick whatever frame appeals to you.

KiteKit Fri 12-Jun-15 13:26:36

I know what you are saying coastingit - I DO try loads on but I can never really decide if they look good or not. And they can be so expensive. I see loads of people wearing sunglasses that look fantastic on them and I wondered if there was a knack - that's all.

Thank you macnab that is very helpful. I will try that. I too have a long slim face and high cheekbones and am very pale so look swamped by some even though I am sort of drawn to them on the stand....

squoosh Fri 12-Jun-15 13:27:51

I think a wayfarer shape suits pretty much everyone so that might be a good place to start.

KiteKit Fri 12-Jun-15 13:27:53

Yes, squoosh I am unused to wearing them and they do make me feel a bit self conscious. Guess just wearing them is the only way to solve that grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now