Talk

Advanced search

I really want to wear dresses. I think I may have found a style that suits me. Please help.

(7 Posts)
TickledOnion Thu 11-Jun-15 21:54:53

I don't wear dresses but I really want to. I've never been able to find a style I liked until today. I tried this one on and it actually looked OK, but I'm not keen on the pattern.
www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_60514+FFN0023458_-1
I think it needs to be a non-clingy, non-floaty, slightly stiff material with darts above and below the waist front and back and not too short.
Please can you help me find something else a bit like it.

GaryBaldy Thu 11-Jun-15 22:42:03

Different pattern similar style?

QueenQueenie Thu 11-Jun-15 22:55:01

Well it doesn't look especially unusual op... err, just sort of like a short sleeved quite fitted knee length dress - I think you can find gazillions that are similar!

TickledOnion Thu 11-Jun-15 23:05:27

You're right QueenQueenie but I don't know why it fitted better than other ones I have tried. It didn't seem as close fitting or formal as the one in GaryBaldy's link.

squizita Fri 12-Jun-15 11:27:32

Apricot and Dorothy Perking carry a lot of dresses like that.

Also if you don't want to risk loads of £ Everything Five Pounds basically sells old high street stock and often has old Next designs like this.

NowhereNow Fri 12-Jun-15 12:55:13

Perhaps White Stuff dresses? There are lots of jersey ones, but some more structured ones too.

www.whitestuff.com/mobile/womens/dresses/#esp_viewall=y

FauxFox Fri 12-Jun-15 17:48:07

If the brand fits you well it may be worth looking at other dresses in their range. A quick google shows Tenki is stocked at New Look and Debenhams as well as Debenhams so have a browse maybe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now