Lndnmummy Thu 11-Jun-15 12:13:20

Hi, am abit of slave to beauty blogs and read
Brittish beauty blogger
The sunday girl
Lisa Eldridge
Vivianna does makeup
Londonbeautyqueen
Amodelrecommends

Any other out there? Ideally I am looking at blogs aimed at 30+, find that most of them are abit too young in tone to suit me.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Thu 11-Jun-15 12:23:12

Caroline Hirons? Although she is a bit preachy and does mainly skincare.

I get fed up with these beauty bloggers all touting the same stuff and not disclosing them as PR samples, advertorials or whatever. The ASA regulations are better but they are still somewhat muddy re 'free gifts' from PR companies. It makes it difficult to assess what is a genuine recommendation and what is being sold to us because there's something in it for the blogger. For example, Caroline Hirons evavenglising about the Body Shop's bouncy sleeping mask moisturiser on her blog a month or so ago and then lo! I spot her face selling it in a BS advertorial feature in Tatler in the hairdressers yesterday. Shady. Did they choose her for the ad because she'd talked about it and loved it or did she chose it for her blog because she's in bed with the Body Shop PR? We don't know.

She's by no means the on,y one doing it, they're all it and it makes it hard for consumers to be clear on what is genuinely rated and what is just being marketed at us.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Thu 11-Jun-15 12:23:55

*Evangelising

FrugalFashionista Thu 11-Jun-15 12:31:58

Cafe Makeup, Beauty Professor, Into The Gloss - all American

Housewife2010 Thu 11-Jun-15 13:00:28

I heart beauty and A Model Recommends are both a little older. Frugal Fashionista. I follow Beauty Professor too. What do you think of her? She always looks a bit crazy in her photos and always asks you to "kindly scroll down".

FrugalFashionista Thu 11-Jun-15 16:21:37

Beauty Professor is a bit overenthusiastic, and always looks the same despite having zillions of makeup options, but she is roughly my age so I really like to see what works on her. BTW, I saw her posing with Caroline Hirons - and found out she is my age too!!! I'm afraid I may have unfollowed CH after seeing this pic last week...

VivaLeBeaver Thu 11-Jun-15 16:33:51

The beauty scribbler is. Good blog but a bit sporadic these days.

My guilty secret is Zoella on YouTube, I'm nearly 40 and it probably is a bit young for me but she uses high end products and I get some good ideas.

squoosh Thu 11-Jun-15 16:50:13

I'd bet good money that the Beauty Professor has photoshopped her face in that photo, it's too smudgy.

flippinada Thu 11-Jun-15 17:08:02

I like Tales of a Pale Face (good content even if you're not pale) and London Beauty Review.

There are some good Irish bloggers as well. Letzmakeup and Lovely Girlie Bits.

All are in their thirties I believe.

DrankSangriaInThePark Thu 11-Jun-15 18:43:04

I think CH is very upfront about brands she works with tbh. It's all there in the legal bit of her blog.

And for every BS product she loves, there is another she doesn't think much of.

I think she is far more transparent than someone, for example, giving a product that seems totally unrelated to the blogger 5 stars only for a bit of digging to unearth that the product is actually the blogger's own brand stuff. wink

MsBojangles Thu 11-Jun-15 18:55:37

Beauty Professor is the same age as CH? shock

I like her foundation reviews cause we have similar colouring, assumed she was in her mid 30s though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now