Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Primark have some lovely ones for £5.99

grin

charleybarley Thu 11-Jun-15 12:11:20

TheImprobableGirl Thu 11-Jun-15 12:12:04

I would buy a Renault Clio

MrsLeighHalfpenny Thu 11-Jun-15 12:12:38

I think I live in a different world from some people on here. £1k budget for a bag? Even a £1k budget for bagS is beyond my wildest dreams, and I'm fairly well paid!

NomiMalone Thu 11-Jun-15 12:14:21

The hair shirt brigade arrived quickly.

Leave the OP alone. Her money, her choice.

I know nothing about bags OP but people will be along soon. I, for one, love helping people spend large amounts of money on lovely things grin

claracluck1978 Thu 11-Jun-15 12:14:35

Try NaughtipidginsNest or The Finer Things in Aberdeen - they both sell preloved and unused but still 'second hand' bags online. Some of the finds on there make a lot more amazing bags accessible for that sort of money.
If you want new new though I'd head to Anya Hindmarch or Smythson. I would previously have said Mulberry for a Blenheim or small Willow (and their sale starts on Tuesday next week) but I've gone off them now I see one for every 5 women I see!
Good luck, I love bag shopping!

charleybarley Thu 11-Jun-15 12:18:15

It's only a joke. I was perusing diamond rings yesterday. that's what I'd buy. Not a bag, you get bored of bags.

charleybarley Thu 11-Jun-15 12:30:34

Laquila Thu 11-Jun-15 12:33:48

Have you thought about getting something specially made? I've seen some lovely stuff on Etsy (and you'd potentially have a bit left over for the down-payment on a Renault...;))

I think Coach has some lovely stuff but it's a bit "mumsy" for some...best option is prob to go somewhere like Liberty to compare and contrast.

FrugalFashionista Thu 11-Jun-15 12:38:08

I only have the mini version but find a taupe Chloe Marcie super versatile and use it far more than any other bag I own.

mowglik Thu 11-Jun-15 12:38:26

I really like the Anna bag by Jimmy choo, its medium sized and a bit different - I saw it in a nude matt shade in the shop

charleybarley Thu 11-Jun-15 12:42:18

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 11-Jun-15 12:49:13

I use my mulberry lily in the medium size a lot for everyday at the moment although am using my Anya gracie today.

I have a Chloe Marcie and it is lovely but pretty heavy. It is a lovely blue colour though.

The sales are on/starting so it is a good time to buy.

I have this in navy and use it loads. The red is really gorgeous and you can fit a fair amount in it - well phone, purse and lipgloss!

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 11-Jun-15 12:50:27

pretty marcie

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 11-Jun-15 12:51:19

balenciaga

charleybarley Thu 11-Jun-15 13:14:36

Eastpoint Thu 11-Jun-15 13:21:08

Kate Spade
Tods

I have a mid-blue nose bag shaped Tods bag which is very versatile and a grey blue Tods bag which is more structured. They both feel beautiful and are well made.

Kate Spade has some great coloured bags, their items are well made and if you sign up for their mailing list you get 15% off your first order (or you did in April).

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 11-Jun-15 13:39:43

I love the nina - such a lovely colour.

My marcie is a sort of washed out navy - I got in the selfridges sale a couple of years ago for about 30% off I think.

charleybarley Thu 11-Jun-15 14:51:48

TheAssassinsGuild Thu 11-Jun-15 16:42:09

Am also thinking of a similar purchase op.

Current thoughts are givenchy Antigone or nightingale, ysl cabas, the McQueen you linked to except with the studded pattern, ps1 satchel. I also love the Celine box, but am concerned about how it may mark. I love BV, but am struggling to find a shape that works for me. I think I may love them more in theory than in reality...

TheAssassinsGuild Thu 11-Jun-15 16:45:08

I may now be adding the Marcie tote to my ever growing shortlist....

I do like the look of the Disco, but I hate the lining.

leedy Thu 11-Jun-15 17:02:45

I've found Marc by Marc Jacobs bag quality has been fantastic lately. The everyday one I have is both black and satchel-like, but there are other colours and shapes. Seconding the Kate Spade rec as well.

I am also a big fan of APC bags, but again they're quite satchel-y.

queenbrunhilda Thu 11-Jun-15 18:46:03

Red Bogner

Another Bogner

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now