Talk to me about bra measuring

(5 Posts)
starfish4 Thu 11-Jun-15 10:29:33

My DD has a starter bra at the moment, size 30 - no cup size, and she's going to need something else soon.

Will they measure in shops with a bra on, it's only light not really supportive? There's no away I'm going to persuade her to strip off in front of something?

If they won't, how do I work out chest and cup size?

drspouse Thu 11-Jun-15 10:57:40

Buy a variety and see which fits, and take the rest back?

I am not sure how you assess teen/preteen bra fit though as I am an F cup! But I have done the buying a range of possibles and sending back the rest, when I've not been sure if I've gone up/down a size.

Pantsalive Thu 11-Jun-15 11:15:58

Starfish4 if you measure her at home following these instructions, and post the results on here, I'm sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

As drspouse suggests, if she doesn't want to strip off in public, you can order loads online, try them all on at home and send back the ones you don't want.

Figleaves has a sale on at the mo and if you keep one of the bras, it's free to return the rest. Also someone may know other sites that are good for smaller size bras Not my problem

drspouse Thu 11-Jun-15 11:28:43

PS I've just remembered I did this for my late MIL and her carer did the trying on. I think we ordered from M&S.

Superherosidekick Thu 11-Jun-15 12:22:02

Please do not take her to M&S to be measured or else a lifetime of wearing the wrong size awaits her.
Measure her according to the guidelines linked to above and then the bra people on here (and the enthusiastic converts to their method like me!) can help you with size.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now