Urban decay eye primer works but makes crepey skin worse what next?

(16 Posts)
firstmum45 Thu 11-Jun-15 10:04:56

Really disappointed thought I'd found the solution sad I have very oily eyelids enough oil to fry chips and then do an oil change on the car grin this is no exaggeration! However I am 55 and skin around eyes is not smooth anymore fine lines , crepey thin drooping skin oh dear this sounds really depressing. On a positive note I can disguise all this with carefully applied eyemakeup but everything creases and disappears after a couple of hours and eyeliner melts.

The urban decay eye primer is brilliant nothing moves however not suitable for my mature skin as although I keep my skin really hydrated it just dries it out and makes me old even older the skin on my eyelids looks like crepe paper shock. What else could I try or I am resigned to redoing my eyemakeup three times a day! I do use facial primer with none of these problems. Your suggestions are eagerly waited as the problem is always worse in the summer (that's if we get one).

hedwig2001 Thu 11-Jun-15 13:32:07

I am 50 with a very similar problem. I use Urban decay for a night out, otherwise I gave up eye shadow. Just use eyeliner and mascara.

Nabootique Thu 11-Jun-15 13:46:18

Nars! Lovely stuff, and I'm an oily lidder.

firstmum45 Thu 11-Jun-15 13:55:39

Hedwig glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I need my makeup my eyes need defining well my whole face does and I refuse to be one of those ladies that feel they have " disappeared " to the world once they reach a certain age. Came back from a supermarket trip eyeshadow creased and eyeliner fading its Bobbi brown long wear gel ffs angry and now after an hour long run wish I had never bothered!

firstmum45 Thu 11-Jun-15 13:59:32

Nabootique thanks will check this out have worn their well known blush and multiple stick (plans shopping trip for tomorrow grin)

Skinheadmermaid Thu 11-Jun-15 16:02:10

Soap and glory eyelid primer. I can't remember the name of it.

MissesandMuddles Thu 11-Jun-15 18:57:00

This is absolutely brilliant stuff:

www.toofaced.com/p/eye-shadow-primers/shadow-insurance/

Eastpoint Thu 11-Jun-15 18:59:38

Laura Mercier do a Creme you apply with its own foam applicator, comes in different shades

firstmum45 Thu 11-Jun-15 20:11:29

Wow thanks all I'm going to be busy tomorrow

Cheesymonster Thu 11-Jun-15 20:12:34

Soap and Glory It's About Prime is the only one that works for me.

teacoffeesomethingsweet Thu 11-Jun-15 21:05:50

Artdeco eye shadow base. It's only about £6, tiny wee pot and lasts forever. I discovered it when I was about 18 and every time I cheated on it with another primer, I totally regretted it.

VivaLeBeaver Thu 11-Jun-15 21:13:32

Elf cosmetics mineral eyeshadow primer.

louwn Thu 11-Jun-15 22:38:17

I just put foundation (double wear) over my eye lids before applying shadow. Seems to work as well as any other primer.

SwedishEdith Thu 11-Jun-15 22:43:26

UD do one especially for "mature" skin.

SwedishEdith Thu 11-Jun-15 22:45:01

src="http://www.lookfantastic.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/primer-potion-anti-aging.jpg" alt="primer-potion-anti-aging.jpg (692×291)"/> This one

SwedishEdith Thu 11-Jun-15 22:46:12

Try again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now