What colour nail polish?

(7 Posts)
cococandyfloss Wed 10-Jun-15 23:19:35

I have a wedding at the weekend-dress is black and blue and black accessories -what colour nails should I go with?

MrsHenryMountbattenWindsor Wed 10-Jun-15 23:22:15

What kind of blue? And how much black vs how much blue?

Orange goes with blue very well, if you're in to bold colours.

If it's dark navy and black, then a red could work.

Sammasati Wed 10-Jun-15 23:39:56

I think that as you are likely to be wearing a gorgeous dress and accessories then you can go understated with your nail polish, so something close to your natural nail colour, maybe a shade darker to give some definition, that and well manicured nails with hydrated (moisturised) hands would look very elegant.

LD29 Wed 10-Jun-15 23:43:54

French polish always works of in doubt. Toning in a colour of polish could look tacky. Would be ok on toes though

MrsHenryMountbattenWindsor Wed 10-Jun-15 23:50:14

We really need to see the dress Coco

Carpaccio Wed 10-Jun-15 23:59:52

If you like taupe/grey, then something like opi over the taupe - I wouldn't go darker than that. It might be a bit boring though.

Essie Penny Talk or MAC Soiree if you like copper/gold.

A bright pink, not too warm, would work too.
Or a mint colour like Essie Mint Candy Apple - it isn't too blue and not too green either.

A too dark colour might make you look a bit goth, so if you're not going for that look, I would avoid a classic red, wine, darker purples and darker taupe colours and so on.

I personally don't suit lighter pinks, but if you like a classic pale pink, then something like Chanel Ballerina would work.

TealFanClub Thu 11-Jun-15 07:43:02

go frickin Neon pink wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now