Talk

Advanced search

What do I wear to the Royal Opera House?

(8 Posts)
MrsFogi Wed 10-Jun-15 22:51:38

I haven't been since my student standby days. What do people wear these days? Unfortunately I'm going straight from work so won't have much time to get ready but don't want to be underdressed or (worse still) overdressed.

BitOfFun Wed 10-Jun-15 22:53:17

Anything you like- there's no dress code; they want people to enjoy the performance whether they are glammed to the max or in jeans and a shirt. What are you going to see?

HerBigChance Wed 10-Jun-15 22:55:18

Smart work clothes will be fine; so would smart jeans and a nice top. I don't think you could be overdressed there. It's one of my favourite venues and not as stuffy as some might imagine.

Enjoy whatever it is you're going to see.

QueenQueenie Wed 10-Jun-15 22:55:37

Yeah. They let all sorts in these days! A few highly glamorous sorts but mostly very run of the mill. No danger of being under dressed unless you're in a bikini top / shorts / flip flops...

SingSongSlummy Wed 10-Jun-15 22:55:43

It rather depends upon where you're sitting, but I always wear a dress. Anything smartish will do and lots of people come straight from work.

MrsFogi Wed 10-Jun-15 22:57:21

That's a relief, thanks for all the replies - not sure where we're sitting as the tickets are at work, stalls I think.

BIWI Wed 10-Jun-15 23:01:41

You wear whatever you like and whatever you feel comfortable in!

But make sure you take a month's wages to pay for your bar bill ...

HerBigChance Wed 10-Jun-15 23:02:59

Yes the bar bills are eye-watering....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now