Talk

Advanced search

breast feeding compatible outfit for a high fashion wedding

(10 Posts)
LittleBoyBlues Wed 10-Jun-15 20:58:01

feeling sad about looking out of place at a wedding full of 30something fashionistas. i studied fashion with the bride now she is a city based stylist and i am a country mouse with a toddler and a 4 month old who's exclusively breast feeding. i've lost touch with fashion and my budget is tight. (and i have a post baby pot belly)
i'm a sahm with 2 boys who will not stand for me going shopping and my partner's working away at the mo. i really struggle with getting anything decent online - i take forever searching then nothing ever looks so good when it arrives.
so what would you do?
any suggestions please i'm at a loss to know where to start...
tia x
(i'm a petitish size 10)

Ottosaurus Wed 10-Jun-15 22:15:51

No suggestions but following as you could be me! Are you?

Greenstone Wed 10-Jun-15 22:18:16

When is the wedding?

How about COS? I think this red shirt dress could be a really simple stunning choice (pockets and buttons yay) with maybe white wedges and low key heidi braids or something? Cos is a faultless 'fashion' choice.

Otherwise, could you handle a [[http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/181751052445 silk jumpsuit]? With a blazer and heels?

museumum Wed 10-Jun-15 22:20:17

I'd go for a floaty top from somewhere like Cos and trousers.
Trousers at a wedding are sufficiently non-traditional to avoid a frumpy mum at wedding look.

Sammasati Wed 10-Jun-15 23:50:40

How about a wrap dress similar to this, very easy I found for breast feeding.

Sammasati Wed 10-Jun-15 23:52:15

Ps also very forgiving in the tummy department wink

squizita Thu 11-Jun-15 09:25:42

Very wide high waist trousers (lots about atm) and a blouse or wrap top. Or a camisole (with adjustable straps) and kimono style jacket/wrap.

Sleeker than a dress, very smart and bf friendly.

LittleBoyBlues Thu 11-Jun-15 19:27:30

thanks everyone. wedding's in august.
def like the idea of trousers rather than a dress.
will check out cos.
nice dress sammasati but oddly wrap dresses have never suited me however many different ones ive tried

LittleBoyBlues Thu 11-Jun-15 19:28:52

oh nice jumpsuit plan, like the blazer option. cheers

Sammasati Thu 11-Jun-15 21:04:40

Oooo yes a classically cut jump suit would look awesome, I would have never thought of that! Op I hope that you find something really beautiful and have a super time smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now