Talk

Advanced search

Any tips on how to look remotely ok at Glastonbury?

(11 Posts)
EachandEveryone Wed 10-Jun-15 18:42:49

I've been many times but this year age and weight seems to have caught up with me. Part of me's dreading going if I'm honest. I need to have minimal beauty and toiletries yet, I need all the help I can get! Clothes wise I don't want the"festival" look so no Hunter wellies. I do need a decent water proof though and wellies but not full length as I can never get them off. Anyone got any festival s and b tips for a perimenopausal woman who's down on herself?

RockMummy Wed 10-Jun-15 18:51:37

Don't be hard on yourself Each. If you enjoy a drink have a few and dance and have fun.Relax!
I think festival fashion is funny really. In UK you need waterproofs, wellies, jumpers and jeans for the night at least if not during the day. It is so seldom warm enough here. Would love to go to Coachella one day. Now that would be a fashion parade!
Sorry I am no help at all but I hope you have fun.

Madbengalmum Wed 10-Jun-15 18:54:32

And dont put flowers or something with flowers on your head!
Very passe now!

Ledkr Wed 10-Jun-15 18:56:43

I went to a festival two weekends ago and bought a couple of nice harem trousers which I wore with t shirts and crochet waistcoat things.
I had nice hair in day one then the other two days in head bands or hats. I wore cheap pumps but changed Into biker boots when it rained.
I had stuck on a few false eyelashes and just used face wipes and moisturiser.
I looked pretty minging by day 3 but who cares grin have fun.

ElephantsAndMiasmas Wed 10-Jun-15 19:00:06

I'm not being funny but if you're upset about how you look, being away from proper mirrors for a couple of days will probably do you good. Only tips are buckets of dry shampoo, decent mascara, and some powder if you get a shiny nose (I do! Especially when it's cold)

ElephantsAndMiasmas Wed 10-Jun-15 19:01:13

And clothes wise some dresses and leggings with boots/ no leggings and sandals if the sun comes out, and looooads of jumpers/layers.

Twinklestein Wed 10-Jun-15 19:04:27

If you're dreading it don't go.

Who wants to sit in a field of mud anyway?

EachandEveryone Wed 10-Jun-15 19:11:10

I'm dreading packing for it and carrying my gear for an hour after. There's much more to it than sitting in a field. It has become a fashion parade in recent years It has to be said.

mewkins Wed 10-Jun-15 19:12:46

Just make sure no one takes a photo of you and enjoy!

EachandEveryone Wed 10-Jun-15 19:18:13

Thanks!

I'm hoping someone will come along and tell me the best wipes to back and what colour lip pay to take. Should I get shellac done even if my nails have only just recovered from last years? Is there a kinder way to keep varnish on?

Ems1812 Wed 10-Jun-15 19:28:31

My gran goes to Glastonbury every year without fail (she is a relatively young one!). She swears by tunic tops & leggings, long socks & dry shampoo. The best wipes are baby wipes as they leave you smelling fresher & she also usually takes a very small washing up bowl so she can have a wash every day & feel a bit more human without the long shower queues.

Go for a lip stain pen rather than a gloss or normal stick as they last a bit longer & go for a straightforward French manicure beforehand so that if it chips, it won't look so bad or noticeable as a bright colour. You could always get some nail transfers on the top to jazz them up a bit.

Hope that helps a bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now