Talk

Advanced search

What is making my eyes sting?

(4 Posts)
BradleyCooperwillbemine Wed 10-Jun-15 18:12:46

I have very reactive/sensitive skin with rosacea. After much trial and error I have now found a cleanser and moisturiser with suit my skin, but still so many products seem to make my eyes sting. Today I tried EL Doublewear BB cream which is fragrance free and that is making my eyes sting. Any ideas on ingredients that are known for doing this?

FrugalFashionista Wed 10-Jun-15 18:19:11

Sunscreen usually but also something in many moisturizers and eye creams. Lots of other things.
Do you have ocular rosacea too? That can make eyes drier and stingier.
Dior stuff is the worst, made my eyes literally red and teary.

BradleyCooperwillbemine Wed 10-Jun-15 18:26:59

I'm not sure about the ocular rosacea. I do frequently have sore, gritty eyes, but I'm thinking that is more due to products I'm using. Since stopping the Olay moisturiser and LE Hot Cloth cleanser they are a bit better (apart from right now - am going to wash it all off my face now!). The EL BB cream does have sunscreen, so could be that and the Olay did, so will avoid that.

sksk Wed 10-Jun-15 18:27:26

Was going to say sunscreen too. Maybe try a mineral based sunscreen for that area- clinique sheer city block spf25 or they also do an eye cream with mineral spf. Paula's choice also do some mineral sunscreens, though you might want to get trial sizes first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now